User Avatar Image

ToMI - Fullgame Patch ?!?

posted by Todesreiter on - last edited - Viewed by 168 users

Ahoi Folks... is there a Chance to get a Patch for ToMI
to play the whole Season in one Part without a Brake?

I hope thats possible (official or unofficial) ... :confused:

33 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Shale said: The problem isn't that they're not interested, it's that it's a lot of work to very little reward. (is anybody who was going to pay full price for the DVD going to pass it up because of the episode structure?) You can't just glue the five episodes together in an afternoon. It would take a ton of coding and then an entire game's worth of testing and bug-fixing to get everything working off the same executable.

That's why adding a "launch next episode" button to the end launcher or a start launcher with "launch game" buttons for all episodes would be more adequate.

• @SubSidal said: I find it unlikely.... What would be great, though would be a TTG launcher where you could select all episodes instead of one individual launcher for each episode... It could still be the telltale default launcher but with six "launch game buttons", one per episode. And when you close the game you could still chose another episode. Would certainly avoid the "close launcher, start menu or whatever, open next episode launcher, launch game" routine. And it be awesome for the DVD release.... :D

There's only five episodes ;)
    We get that structure on the DVD release anyway (at least i think so, it was like that for S&MS1 wii)

• @Friar said: There's only five episodes ;)
    We get that structure on the DVD release anyway (at least i think so, it was like that for S&MS1 wii)

Ooops... :o Sorry.. Guess I was dreaming wide awake there (my subconscious mind hoping we would get another ep next month :p)

• @SubSidal said: That's why adding a "launch next episode" button to the end launcher or a start launcher with "launch game" buttons for all episodes would be more adequate.

Well, the Sam & Max DVDs both have a single launcher that you can use to select any episode, so I'd say the odds are good.

• A single launcher for all five episodes is a shoo-in for the DVD release, since as far as I'm aware all Telltale DVDs has had one. Joining the episodes together in one big .exe, on the other hand, would probably be a bit too difficult for the DVD release. Although the modders may have something to say about that...

• I don't really think this series would benefit from being cut+pasted together as one long game. The story is designed as a series of episodes, and the cliffhanger endings wouldn't have as nice an impact as they do when they're separate. Quitting the game and clicking on the next episode is hardly a time-consuming process anyway.

• @Jade Zealot said: I don't really think this series would benefit from being cut+pasted together as one long game. The story is designed as a series of episodes, and the cliffhanger endings wouldn't have as nice an impact as they do when they're separate. Quitting the game and clicking on the next episode is hardly a time-consuming process anyway.

Yes, but watching the same list of credits five times is.

• @Friar said: Yes, but watching the same list of credits five times is.

This.

I don't know why people seem so sad at the idea of not having the credits for each episode. Personally, they bugged the hell out of me. Where they actually did something interesting with the credits (which was only the Murray bit, as I recall) then yes, that was great, but the rest of them? Hell no. Extremely long unskippable credits are an atrocity in my book.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Just a quick post...

Earlier in the thread I posted my custom launcher... unfortunately, there was a typo which meant that Lair of the Leviathon didn't launch. I've since gone and fixed it, and so the new, working, link is here.

Sorry for any inconvenience, and thanks to the guy who e-mailed and let me know about the error.

• @Wishbone said: This.

I don't know why people seem so sad at the idea of not having the credits for each episode. Personally, they bugged the hell out of me. Where they actually did something interesting with the credits (which was only the Murray bit, as I recall) then yes, that was great, but the rest of them? Hell no. Extremely long unskippable credits are an atrocity in my book.

Personally I like seeing who's done what in which episode, so I really wouldn't want them to be taken out. I wouldn't mind if there was an option to return to the main menu from the credits though.

Add Comment