User Avatar Image

I made a fool out of myself for CPC

posted by GaryCXJk on - last edited - Viewed by 89 users

Why won't you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZPqWUIoeKE

The Germany Edition (seeing as the previous one is apparently blocked in Germany)

So, what I'd love you guys to do is to do the Guybrush Dance in the name of Child's Play Charity. It's an idea I came up with thanks to Tjibbbe, who would donate $1 everytime a Telltale staff member would do the Guybrush Dance during the webcast of "Our Telltale Heart".

Oh, and while you're at it, donate to this good cause.

14 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Okay, guys. Starting now, until Sunday at midnight, I'll be donating $0.10 to Child's Play Charity for every member doing the Guybrush Dance on camera and posting it on YouTube with a link to Child's Play Charity.

  • What exactly is childs play anyway? What do they stand for?

  • @Friar said: What exactly is childs play anyway? What do they stand for?


    *cliquez ici*

  • You know what, this is a BRILLIANT idea.

    Telltale - will you get behind it and promote it? Upload a clip of Guybrush doing the dance on the main page and encourage everyone to get involved.

    It'd be nice to see Monkey Island and Child's Play (the charity, not the film) hand in hand.

  • Nice!

    Who knew that Guybrush's dance would end up saving children's lives?

  • @Scrawffler said: Nice!

    Who knew that Guybrush's dance would end up saving children's lives?

    It hasn't if anything it's stopped them from being bored for five minutes. Maybe i've got the wrong end of the stick here, but i think the charity is a bit... pointless when compared to other, more needy charities that actually save peoples lives. Hospitals are a place for recuperation, not playing games. Don't get me wrong, i can understand what it's trying to achieve, but i think the money would be better spent on other charitable things.

  • I think you're vastly underestimating the how much something as simple as a game, toy, or book helps sick children. You say that hospitals are a place for recuperation and for children, play is actually very important for this process.

    It's not about keeping a child constantly entertained while stuck in bed. Being hospitalized for a serious matter sucks as an adult and it sucks even more as a child. Being able to play during that rather grim and gruesome part of their lives really makes a difference and in some cases could actually save their lives. Unfortunately, hospitals often cannot afford to be able to offer children these chances themselves and this is where the charity steps in.

    The need is defiantly great and just as valid as any other charitable situation.

  • @Giant Tope said: I think you're vastly underestimating the how much something as simple as a game, toy, or book helps sick children. You say that hospitals are a place for recuperation and for children, play is actually very important for this process.

    It's not about keeping a child constantly entertained while stuck in bed. Being hospitalized for a serious matter sucks as an adult and it sucks even more as a child. Being able to play during that rather grim and gruesome part of their lives really makes a difference and in some cases could actually save their lives. Unfortunately, hospitals often cannot afford to be able to offer children these chances themselves and this is where the charity steps in.

    The need is defiantly great and just as valid as any other charitable situation.


    But then can't they bring there own toys in? I understand that it can speed up recovery time, but i believe the money would be better spent buying a couple more air ambulances, or helping to solve poverty. The money would have far more use there. But then again, i doubt some of the people who donated to this charity would have donated in the same circumstances had it been a different charity. This one targets gamers in it's advertising, and with it's sponsors.

    Anyway, i commend your efforts GaryCXJk in trying to help people.

  • Hospitals don't actually work that way, most even can't accept donations because of legal issues. Aside from that, it's more of a case of government funding, and they cannot guarantee us that any money received would go to actually improving health care.

    Having said that, I think that Child's Play Charity is one of the more accessible charities. It first of all doesn't force you to do it, you are in control of how much you donate and when you donate. Most charities have more of a monthly subscription kind. Also, this charity actually can guarantee that all of its profits go to what they claim, and even if you don't trust them with your money, you could actually directly buy toys and games off Amazon to be donated to the hospitals.

    And you really shouldn't underestimate what Child's Play Charity does for the kids. There are enough children who have been hospitalized for a long time, who can't even have a normal Christmas. Actually getting a present on Christmas is like a blessing for them, and they will light up and get a little better. And even that little bit helps a lot.

  • @GaryCXJk said: Hospitals don't actually work that way, most even can't accept donations because of legal issues. Aside from that, it's more of a case of government funding, and they cannot guarantee us that any money received would go to actually improving health care.

    Having said that, I think that Child's Play Charity is one of the more accessible charities. It first of all doesn't force you to do it, you are in control of how much you donate and when you donate. Most charities have more of a monthly subscription kind. Also, this charity actually can guarantee that all of its profits go to what they claim, and even if you don't trust them with your money, you could actually directly buy toys and games off Amazon to be donated to the hospitals.

    And you really shouldn't underestimate what Child's Play Charity does for the kids. There are enough children who have been hospitalized for a long time, who can't even have a normal Christmas. Actually getting a present on Christmas is like a blessing for them, and they will light up and get a little better. And even that little bit helps a lot.



    I suppose i take those things for granted. CPC is one of those charities i guess, where small donations make a huge difference, for long periods of time. If i was to donate £5 it would improve the lives of children in the hospital indefinately (as long as the toy lasts). If i was to donate £5 to a poverty charity, i would allow someone to live for an extra week, tops. It all depends what sort of a person you are i guess. No more charity is more valid then the other. Consider me converted.

Add Comment