User Avatar Image

the ending is confusing me

posted by HamsterofDeath on - last edited - Viewed by 511 users

i understand guybrush conveniently ending up on the narwhal and elaine expecting that.
she was just waiting at the crossroads-spot at the real world and expecting guybrush to come through the rip again. she had no idea that guybrush might have problems reopening it.

but why was he dezombified and got his hand back?

62 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @OzzieMonkey said: Thankyou, very much. It was clearly the belt buckle, not Guybrush's hand. Why would Guybrush's hand be in the jar that contains Lechuck's essence? It doesn't make any sense.

Well the human memory is funny, after watching that final scene for some reason I mistakenly thought guybrush's hand was in the jar with lechuck. On replaying it, I realize now that its lechucks belt buckle in the jar. What I didn't realize until reading Haralds post and re-rewatching the scene is that Guybrush's hand is on the voodoo ladys desk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MpZu5NsNrk

Guybrush had his hand back in the end, so it doesn't make sense that the voodoo lady has his hand unless he was given a new body. In which case, where is the rest of his corpse I wonder o.o ?

• User Avatar Image
    Bas

It's his skull, guys. The belt buckle smiles, the skull does not. Didn't notice the hand before though, that's an interesting twist.

I don't see much of a problem with Guybrush growing a new left hand. After all, his body was a dry decaying corpse and was magically restored to a living, pink, squishy body. Why wouldn't power like that be able to regrow a hand?

• @Bas said: It's his skull, guys. The belt buckle smiles, the skull does not. Didn't notice the hand before though, that's an interesting twist.

Actually I'm pretty sure its his belt buckle. I'm re-watching the clips i recorded from the game and the belt buckle only looks smiley when its in human hands. If you look at the belt buckle in the first part of chapter one, its not smiling and it looks identical to the state it is in in the jar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rFy3Z8muRY

• User Avatar Image
    Bas

@sharper said: Actually I'm pretty sure its his belt buckle. I'm re-watching the clips i recorded from the game and the belt buckle only looks smiley when its in human hands. If you look at the belt buckle in the first part of chapter one, its not smiling and it looks identical to the state it is in in the jar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rFy3Z8muRY

It's impossible to see the contents of the jar as anything more than a blurry stain in such a low res youtube video.

But, I admit, it could be LeChuck's evil belt buckle. I just don't see why his belt buckle being in the jar would make any sense whatsoever.

• @GuruGuru214 said: Fun fact: if you want to create a link to a specific point in a YouTube video, just add #(minutes)m(seconds)s to the end of the URL. For example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1N5gXEsOdo#t=1m53s

Ha ha... you rock. Guybrush rocks even more... The Geek shall inherit the Earth I say!!

I figured the ring thing out from the start too, but then I accidentally schlepped the anchor before I knew anything.. AND well, who on earth didn't try the grog machine ASAP?? Really...

So I already had two ingredients, figured they HAD to be used... besides... the ring had been there the whole time... fitting it should be the finale item.

• It would be cool if, on the offchance LeChuck is out of the picture for good, Morgan the Ghost Pirate Hunter was the new villain... hunting pirates and imposing privateer law on the Caribbean, but since she's friends with Guybrush not going after him directly. Since Guybrush is the only one safe from the Ghost Pirate Hunter he must be the one to stop her unholy reign of terror... maybe.

• @meander said: It would be cool if, on the offchance LeChuck is out of the picture for good, Morgan the Ghost Pirate Hunter was the new villain... hunting pirates and imposing privateer law on the Caribbean, but since she's friends with Guybrush not going after him directly. Since Guybrush is the only one safe from the Ghost Pirate Hunter he must be the one to stop her unholy reign of terror... maybe.

It WOULD be interesting, and let's face it, LeChuck is gettin'... kinda old. He's been just about everything now (zombie, ghost, demon, human, etc.)...

However... I wanted to ask, I just finished the game again (yes, I have a save game RIGHT at the end) and I interpreted the VooDoo lady as saying that Morgan was going to be a "Ghost Pirate" Hunter, as in not a ghost herself, but one who hunts ghost pirates...

Didn't the VooDoo lady say something about Mo returning to the land of the living? Dangit... I'll go finish it one more time.

Right, edited my opinion, you're right, she says the ghostly form will return, not that the ghost would become physically solid...

• Elaine wasnt in on it from the start cos in chap 3 she was working with lechuck to put the monkeys back and acting as if he was a reformed human with no one else there so there would be no resion 2 act so she must have realy thought he was a nice human and the monkeys really needed returning

• User Avatar Image
    Bas

@Sailorcuteness said: Elaine wasnt in on it from the start cos in chap 3 she was working with lechuck to put the monkeys back

That was part of the act.

and acting as if he was a reformed human with no one else there

LeChuck was there. She had to fool him into believing that she thought he was reformed.

Add Comment