Menu
User Avatar Image

Questions for Inquisitve Minds [With the Second Biggest Spoiler I've Ever Seen]

posted by Silverwolfpet on - last edited - Viewed by 1.7K users

Oookay, finished the game (actually, I got the Press Release some time ago, now I'll just play the Final Version tonight...). SPOILERS!!! (just in case you missed that)

I know how it ends! Brilliant work, awesome ending... although, I still have some questions and I'd like to debate them with you guys.

1. How and Why din Guybrush get his hand back (notice the missing ring)

2. Why does Guybrush's Poxed hand STILL exists and has been taken by the Voodoo Lady? (you can notice that on her table in the last cutscene)

3. What happened to LeChuck? It just faded to white... did he implode? Explode? Desintegrate?

4. Why is Elaine wearing at the end the same clothes she was wearing when she became the undead bride?

5. So, LeChuck was the actual Pirate God or not? And Nor Treblig was Galeb, right? I'm confused... Symbolism is right up my alley, but this is a bit confusing!

Debate away, I'll join later on :)

151 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Lena_P said: And so, the vicious, downward spiral begins anew ... but you know, Majus, admitting that you have a problem is the first step.

PfffheheeheeepfahahahahaHAHaHAHAaHA!! ...problem... pfihihiihihiihi! He's got an epidemy of cronic creativity around him!

• @jeditribble said: I assumed Jacques got to Flotsam pretty much the same way Guybrush did.

What bothers me about this argument is that Jacques looks like DeSinge has been experimenting on him for quite some time, well before the Rock of Gelato incident.

• I wonder what happens in season two...
    I want to play as Elaine as she fights the ghost pirate hunter LeFlay, who continually resurects and kidnaps her husband because she doesn't get that he's just not that into her

• Tales of Elaine Marley-Threepwood ... hmm. How Elaine Got Her Groove Back? Closer, closer ...

• Secret of Monkey Island: Elaine Edition

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Silverwolfpet said:

1. How and Why din Guybrush get his hand back (notice the missing ring)

2. Why does Guybrush's Poxed hand STILL exists and has been taken by the Voodoo Lady? (you can notice that on her table in the last cutscene)

Debate away, I'll join later on :)

I consider this to be a last-minute necessary design decision. Given the relatively extensive introduction of the Vacaylians' ability to attach and re-attach limbs, it becomes obvious that during the concept stages, Guybrush was supposed to get his original hand back that way, and not by "magic".

However, as all those loose story ends were dangling in the air by season's end, a game designer has to edit a little, or he ends up with 14 ending cutscenes which possibly strain the nerves of less patient players.

@Silverwolfpet said: Just one more strange question: If Morgan is a ghost, how can she carry the jar??

Yes, I noticed that as well. The voodoo lady could somehow managed to give her that power. And it is certainly not unheard of: LeChuck was able to punch Guybrush (let alone battle him as Fester Shinetop). Still, I was a little disappointed that Guybrush couldn't learn the skill. A little reference to the "Ghost" movie and, with it, a nod to the late Patrick Swayze, would have been nice. ;)

So, it might actually be a design mistake, but one that could easily be explained. Like the H in Esponja. :D

@Silverwolfpet said: Everything is done, Monkey Island is complete.

Ohhhh, Majus, don't you say bad things like that!!

(And, of course, you won't get away without animating "I wonder what happens in Sam & Max 2010 aka Season 3 Episode one: The moustache curse of the psychic space pharaoh" - or whatever that first episode is named...)

• (And, of course, you won't get away without animating "I wonder what happens in Sam & Max 2010 aka Season 3 Episode one: The moustache curse of the psychic space pharaoh" - or whatever that first episode is named...)[/QUOTE]

The first episode is called: The illuminating secret of mustache max and his friend who fly's a rocket every morning and loves pancakes with strawberry jam... Duh!

• @The Commissioner said: I wear pink pants!

Really?

• User Avatar Image
    Bas

Here's another question. Was I the only one who saw the parallels between Elaine in RotPG and Ophelia from Brütal Legend? The whole love interest who turns evil and dons a goth outfit thing? Of course that's not a wholly uncommon theme, and actually it was mostly the outfit, but seeing how I just finished Brütal Legend two weeks or so before playing RotPG, is struck me as similar.

• One thing that bugged me - why does Guybrush sink and swim when diving to the mating grounds? If he is a ghost surely he shouldn't have any concept of gravity...? Also did anyone try to hang around for 10mins to see if he has to go back up?

Add Comment