User Avatar Image

How can we mod CSI:DI ?

posted by phaedon on - last edited - Viewed by 257 users

CSI:DI files have identical structure with that of CSI: 3DOM.I noticed that in a forum someone was able to open the component files and he had posted some of the textures of the CSI Mobile Unit.Any tools on how to crack the component files ? Any suggestions ?

22 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @phaedon said: CSI:DI files have identical structure with that of CSI: 3DOM.I noticed that in a forum someone was able to open the component files and he had posted some of the textures of the CSI Mobile Unit.Any tools on how to crack the component files ? Any suggestions ?

I don't think this type of thing is allowed around here.

• Why not ? Modding is something that increases game life ? Why in the world wouldn't it be allowed here.Most of the games are modable and some companies publish modding tools

• @phaedon said: Why not ? Modding is something that increases game life ? Why in the world wouldn't it be allowed here.Most of the games are modable and some companies publish modding tools

Well, that's exactly it. TTG don't have publicly available modding tools, and from what I've seen in the past, they're not keen on having 3rd party cracks etc. show up on the forum. So I'd say unless they release a tool themselves, it won't happen, at least, not on these forums. ;)

• How did ToMI get Mods? Plus adventure and or Puzzle games really don't need mods.

• Yeah there are modding tools for ToMI and why would adventures not need mods ? Why not they are games right ? In the same notion FPSs don't need mods because you just shoot all the time.Still,there are plenty modding tools

I know that companies like EA or Rockstar that are interested only into profit do make their games anti-moddable but a company like TTG ? :eek:

• :P Double post with the same post sorry guys

• @phaedon said: Yeah there are modding tools for ToMI and why would adventures not need mods ? Why not they are games right ? In the same notion FPSs don't need mods because you just shoot all the time.Still,there are plenty modding tools

I know that companies like EA or Rockstar that are interested only into profit do make their games anti-moddable but a company like TTG ? :eek:

They don't want unlicensed unsupported 3rd party cracks to be advertised on their forums, I don't honestly think they'd spend time going after people that make them, but they don't want to condone/support them, there are also possibly legal reasons, since they are working with licensed content. I doubt any of their licenses extend to allowing mods that include licensed characters.

There have been rumblings of a publicly available Telltale Tool, but if (that's a big IF) that ever happens, it will likely not include a single copyrighted model or texture.

• But there is a modding tool for all games before Sam and Max Season 2 I think.That includes CSI:3 DoM

• @phaedon said: But there is a modding tool for all games before Sam and Max Season 2 I think.That includes CSI:3 DoM

It's 3rd party and unlicensed and Telltale don't condone its existence as far as I know, that's all I'm saying.

Add Comment