User Avatar Image

Cast [Yourself as] MI characters...

posted by Jon NA on - last edited - Viewed by 673 users

You Think you or one of your relatives look more than 50% to a MI (specially ToMI) character?
Then let's see you posing in a character similar to you! :D
Here's me in Stan's pose (ToMI Version Stan):o :
mi104_stan_souvenirstandcopy.jpg
just If I had a all blue or green coat I could have made it "Stan" like...

66 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Lena_P said: (Supposedly Ireland used to be called Scotland until the Scottish stole the name.)

Scotland comes from "Scottii" which is the Latin for the Irish (the inhabitants of "Hibernia"). The Dal riata were genetically pretty-much Irish, and gradually became dominant in Scotland, to the point that "Scottish" became the term used for the inhabitants of what we now call Scotland (just like many Americans refer to Britain as "England" for shorthand). Equally, by the 1100's-1200's, many called the lowlanders a variant of "the French" because all of the nobles were of Norman descent, and French fashion and language had caught on big-time.

And people told me history would never be of any use outside of uni. :p

• @Gryffalio said: Scotland comes from "Scottii" which is the Latin for the Irish (the inhabitants of "Hibernia"). The Dal riata were genetically pretty-much Irish, and gradually became dominant in Scotland, to the point that "Scottish" became the term used for the inhabitants of what we now call Scotland (just like many Americans refer to Britain as "England" for shorthand). Equally, by the 1100's-1200's, many called the lowlanders a variant of "the French" because all of the nobles were of Norman descent, and French fashion and language had caught on big-time.

And people told me history would never be of any use outside of uni. :p

You sir, are awesome. :D And history is an incredibly useful subject that people should stop sleeping through. Look what it did for Asimov! Although many Americans refer to Britain as England because they usually are talking just about England. They don't realize Scotland, Wales and Cornwall (and the Isle of Man, I guess?) are actually part of "Britain". They think of them as different countries, and most of the time what they really mean is London, anyhow. And half the time they think you all live in a Wallace and Gromit world.

• @Lena_P said: And half the time they think you all live in a Wallace and Gromit world.

Oh, but we do ;)

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@Gryffalio said: Oh, but we do ;)

That reminds me - I need to get my porridge gun mended.

• @Lena_P said: You could be Guybrush "LeChuck's Revenge" edition.

You're right. Why didn't I think of that? :eek: I dressed up as Guybrush from SMI once; I suppose that stuck in my head somehow. But I think of all the Guybrushes in the series, I'm more similar to the one in Curse. Both require me to shave off the beard on my chin though, I don't think I want to do that.

• @Lena_P said: You sir, are awesome. :D And history is an incredibly useful subject that people should stop sleeping through. Look what it did for Asimov! Although many Americans refer to Britain as England because they usually are talking just about England. They don't realize Scotland, Wales and Cornwall (and the Isle of Man, I guess?) are actually part of "Britain". They think of them as different countries, and most of the time what they really mean is London, anyhow. And half the time they think you all live in a Wallace and Gromit world.

Northern England is pretty much a Wallace and Gromit world to be honest. Except hardly anyone there is made of plasticine these days. I don't mean to sound racist, but it seems like the place is being taken over by flesh-people.

• Northern England is not actually stuck in the 50's. They have modern automobiles and ugly, modern tract housing rising like brick excrescences on former farm land just like the south of England does, and, of course, there's Jorvik history centre which is the anti-thesis of Wallace and Gromit I'd say. (Note to anyone reading, if you ever see an attraction that says, "Experience the Sights, Sounds and Smells of Ancient Times!" avoid it. Avoid it like the plague.)

• LOL @ the Irony of the use of the saying avoiding it like the plague.

• @Lena_P said: there's Jorvik history centre

Jorvik VIKING centre. Honestly, if it used "history" in the name it'd probably be sued... by... someone.

You're right, though. American cultural imperialism is ruining Wallace & Gromit land :(

P.S. My grandparents lived in a village with a cricket club that played on my grandfather's farm, and they didn't have the internet, just record players. And there wasn't a supermarket for miles... so it really is like Wallace & Gromit if you pick your places.

• Today I realised I own a pair of pants that look just like Morgans.

Add Comment