User Avatar Image

Future of Bone?

posted by Armakuni on - last edited - Viewed by 2.5K users

Since Telltale started making Sam & Max, I've become worried about the Bone series.. of course I prefer Sam & Max but as I've already bought Bone I would hate for that series to be cancelled as it would render my game useless. This is my biggest complaint when it comes to episodic gaming, the uncertainty that you will get the entire story finished.. just look at the Sin episodes, they were cancelled (after the first episode too!).

Anyway, could anyone from Telltale inform me if it's pretty much guaranteed that you will finish the Bone series someday or is there a chance it will be cancelled?

29 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Considering that each game is roughly one of Smith's books, and that there's twelve of them at least - I doubt they're going to just up and quit before the end.

• They've said many times that they would continue the series.

• Have they said it's 100% sure they'll do that or do they use vague language and such? It seems to me they've sort of dropped the ball on that series.

• Vague? I can't prove that the game is in development, and we don't know it will be anytime soon, but they have said on several occasions that they have every intention of continuing the series. They probably wouldn't put "Bone 3 - coming soon" on the front page if that weren't true. I can recall at least two interviews where Dan Connors said they would continue Bone after they were done Sam & Max (though not necessarily immediately). Emily has confirmed on this forum at some point that they're not abandoning the license.

Are they flat-out lying? Maybe!

• User Avatar Image
    Mel

Dave Grossman is the lead designer for both games* and he's been a tad busy of late. ;) Also, Heather Logas has been a little busy as well. :)

*I believe this is correct.

• For the record, there are nine Bone books, not twelve*... and I doubt that we'd adapt them all as single games, as some of the books would really boil down to one or two long cutscenes with slivers of game in there, so they'd be best served by being combined in with a more gameplay-rich book.

As far as actual new Bone games, you'll hear more someday. Everyone at TTG likes making Bone games, but we're a tiny company (there are only so many ways you can split 25 people) and we're in the middle of other things right now.

* I think so at least...

• I think so? I think so? Don't tell you haven't read the excellent books yet!

--Erwin

• @Jake said: For the record, there are nine Bone books, not twelve*... and I doubt that we'd adapt them all as single games, as some of the books would really boil down to one or two long cutscenes with slivers of game in there, so they'd be best served by being combined in with a more gameplay-rich book.

As far as actual new Bone games, you'll hear more someday. Everyone at TTG likes making Bone games, but we're a tiny company (there are only so many ways you can split 25 people) and we're in the middle of other things right now.

* I think so at least...

Yes, there are 9 books in the Bone comic series:

1.Out From Boneville
    2.The Great Cow Race
    3.Eyes of the Storm
    4.The Dragonslayer
    5.Rock Jaw: Master of the Eastern Border
    6.Old Man's Cave*
    7.Ghost Circles
    8.Tresure Hunters
    9.Crown of Horns

*This is the book where things start getting more intense!

• You could also buy the books and read them if you're interested in the story...

They're great!

• I might just do that but if they're going to release more Bone games I'd rather play those first so the story won't be spoiled for me.

Add Comment