User Avatar Image

Linear Shmeanaer

posted by Anonymous on - last edited - Viewed by 315 users

I think that the stand alone puzzle games belong on gametap or popcap games or some other kind of gimmicky website, but as a standard for gaming.

I feel like this is a step backwards not forwards.

My regret is that it's not Sam and Max who are bad ideas they just seem to have bad luck.

9 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I think you are having a bit of a confusion here -
    while popcap does make only casual games - gametap releases through their service real games (from real developers!)

as well dont mix up between episodic gaming an casual gaming - while bone and sam&max are episodic - the last thing you can say about them is that they are the same as bejeweled.

and i do not understand the connection between sam&max and bad luck. :p

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]I think that the stand alone puzzle games belong on gametap or popcap games or some other kind of gimmicky website, but as a standard for gaming.

I feel like this is a step backwards not forwards.

My regret is that it's not Sam and Max who are bad ideas they just seem to have bad luck.[/quote]

?????????? What are you talking about? You need to wait and play the game before you can say it's a stand alone puzzle. Besides, it's an Adventure Game. :-/

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Avid, I have two ask what are you talking about and do you have any idea what an adventure game is? Even a short episodic one is nothing like a "stand alone puzzle game" belonging on a "gimicky website."

• Maybe he's referring to the Telltale Arcade section of this site?

Telltale Arcade is a bit confusing to someone coming here for the first time and thinking they're Telltale created and that the forthcoming Telltale games might be of a similar style / standard.

There will be an influx of traffic given all the publicity of Sam & Max recently, many having never experienced an adventure game before. Does there really need to be a Bejeweled clone highlighted on the home page?

I do realise this may have no relationship to the point Avid Veiwer was trying to make, but it's something I've wanted to get off my chest for a while. :p

• Turn Sam & Max into a Bejewelled clone... you guys are brilliant! We'll scrap the very entertaining story-driven Episode 1 we've been working on and get on that right away. Might delay the game a few months but I'm sure no one will mind.

:D

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I think you mean; "Emily, you ROXOR my SOXORZ." Or something like that.

• [quote]I think you mean; "Emily, you ROXOR my SOXORZ." Or something like that.[/quote]
    w00t.

• I wrote that post before my morning coffee. It was a little snarky, even for me. :o

Add Comment