User Avatar Image

The Legendary Monkey Island FanArt

posted by Junaid on - last edited - Viewed by 28.7K users

For those of you who were not a part of the Monkey Island community back in the days, there was a lot of fanart, as can be seen here

I don't know about you guys but I got inspired right away when I saw the Tales of Monkey Island footage and I've been sketching like a madman the past two days.

Any artists in here? I'm curious if we'll see some new ecxiting work. And I of course hope dat some old favorites like Ado will come back to make some more masterpieces :)

2.9K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Nice! Can't wait to see the comic.

• @PecanBlue said: Yeah, I'm still baffled as to how people still saw it as a betrayal by the end, when you learn that she so clearly went through all that stuff for his sake. :| But oh well, to each their own!

MORE ELAINE.

teenElaine.jpg

Concept art of a teen Elaine, pre-governor, and while still a student in "pirate school," from a little comic I'm going to do. The comic is not really a big deal as it's one or two pages, but I still wanted to see if the look I was going for would work.

Wonderfull and a Happy new Yeeeear!!!!

• I've spent about a whole night reading this epic topic and gained much useful knowledge.
    All I wanna say is "Thank you guys for providing so many fine pics!",though I cannot understand certain
    words/sentences completely due to my just-so-so English ...

At length,I made up my minds to draw this...Guybrush.jpg?t=1262292866
    It took me(who's a greenhand and who's 16:o)over 4 hours to detail it^v^
    Hope you like it:p
    &happy new year !!:D:D:D:D

• Maybe Guybrush should invest in a turtleneck. Great coloring!

• @Phoebe_Cn said: At length,I made up my minds to draw this...Guybrush.jpg?t=1262292866
    It took me(who's a greenhand and who's 16:o)over 4 hours to detail it...

And happy new year!!:D:D:D:D

That's pretty amazing, I really like this a lot actually, especially the little puff of cold air Guybrush is doing. :)

• To:PecanBlue & Captain Mickey:
    Thanks a lot for your kind comments!
    I'll keep on practicing and,perhaps,bring more paintings ^0^

• @Phoebe_Cn said: I've spent about a whole night reading this epic topic and gained much useful knowledge.
    All I wanna say is "Thank you guys for providing so many fine pics!",though I cannot understand certain
    words/sentences completely due to my just-so-so English ...

At length,I made up my minds to draw this...Guybrush.jpg?t=1262292866
    It took me(who's a greenhand and who's 16:o)over 4 hours to detail it^v^
    &happy new year !!:D:D:D:D

For some reaosn I couldn't see the picture at all, but when I quoted you to say that it gave me the link, so I went to check it out.... It looks really cool!

• Great drawing and a Happy New Year From Mauritius!!!

• @PecanBlue: Of course it works. :D

As for the whole betrayal thing, I was kind of skeptical about that to begin with. I mean, if you pay attention, Elaine decides to let LeChuck make her his demon bride after he says that "no mortal" can touch the cursed cutlass. It seemed kind of apparent to me at that point that Elaine was actually planning to be able to take ahold of the cutlass and run LeChuck through. I guess I can see how people could have missed that though...

• Teen Elaine looks awesome, PecanBlue! And lovely picture, Phoebe! Happy new year to you too!

Here's something I meant to upload between chapters 4 and 5:
    Monkey_Island___Your_Loss_by_Scrawffler.
    (btw the quote is actually from The Fairly OddParents XD)

Add Comment