User Avatar Image

You know you're obsessed with Monkey Island when....

posted by raycichocki on - last edited - Viewed by 2.0K users

-When you see sword fighting in a movie you wonder if they're going to insult each other with rhyimg comebacks.

-You cringe at the idea of Monkey Kombat

-You think Guybrush is a legit name for your first born son

(add some of your own!)

233 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • you keep checking the forums and blogs for news on the soundtrack or monkey island t-shirts and toys?

• User Avatar Image
    jmm

You wear your "Ask me about Monkey Island" pin with pride (and you're puzzled on why nobody has asked about it yet)

• You wish you had a bunch of monkey island badges.

• ...you try to add more verses to "Monkey In My Pocket"

• When you and a friend take two styrofoam swords at a toy store and start to insult sword fight.

• @Captain Mickey said: When you and a friend take two styrofoam swords at a toy store and start to insult sword fight.

Ha! I would love to try that! If i had any friends who liked Monkey Island...

• - You think up a fiendishly voodoo enfused plan every so often to finally make elaine your willing bride!

- You advertise latest state of the art game with high quality 3d graphics too your friends... LOOM! Aye!

- Ask the shopkeeper about each and every item individually before buying each one with peices of eight you earn from a circus. (Ensure you own a helmet)

- If someone asks to call you a particular name like Bob for instance respond "You shall call me Murray! I am the harbinger of your doom, and the forces of darkness shall look upon me as I stride through the gates of hell carrying your head on a pike"

- Wonder why your grog O beer dosn't eat through the cup.

- You own every soundtrack from all previous games and listen to it 24/7 no matter what your doing. (Monkey island just makes the best life background music)

- You end your farewells with a "Wherever you go on sea or land you can't ever hide from largo leGrande"

- Tell your neighbourhood ghost hunter to stock up on that root beer.

- Act out major cinematic moments from each game every so often.

- When a friend wants a breath mint say "Here take one, in fact take the whole roll. Best 5 peices of eight you have ever spent"

- When its queit you can still hear the monkeys.... The monkeys are always listening...

• @SM_Unlimited said: - You think up a fiendishly voodoo enfused plan every so often to finally make elaine your willing bride! Nope...

- You advertise latest state of the art game with high quality 3d graphics too your friends... LOOM! Aye! YAY!

- Ask the shopkeeper about each and every item individually before buying each one with peices of eight you earn from a circus. (Ensure you own a helmet) YAY!

- If someone asks to call you a particular name like Bob for instance respond "You shall call me Murray! I am the harbinger of your doom, and the forces of darkness shall look upon me as I stride through the gates of hell carrying your head on a pike" YAY!

- Wonder why your grog O beer dosn't eat through the cup.YAY!

- You own every soundtrack from all previous games and listen to it 24/7 no matter what your doing. (Monkey island just makes the best life background music) YAY! (so true)

- You end your farewells with a "Wherever you go on sea or land you can't ever hide from largo leGrande" on occasion

- Tell your neighbourhood ghost hunter to stock up on that root beer. No ghost hunters, but random people sometimes

- Act out major cinematic moments from each game every so often. More like always!

- When a friend wants a breath mint say "Here take one, in fact take the whole roll. Best 5 peices of eight you have ever spent"YAY

- When its queit you can still hear the monkeys.... The monkeys are always listening...And... YAY!

See above.

• @Friar said: Ha! I would love to try that! If i had any friends who liked Monkey Island...

you can still do it and just confuse them plus you will most likely win since they havnt lerned any comebacks

Add Comment