User Avatar Image

Tales of monkey island DVD release - episodic vs monkey island 5 full game Poll

posted by presidentmax on - last edited - Viewed by 681 users

Just curious who wants to see tales of monkey island blended into one full game for the hard copy and who don't. :cool:

89 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I bought the Sam and Max Season One, too. And thats the reason i want TOMI on DVD not episodic. Didnt like it with Sam and Max. Although the game was good.

• Ehem. The buttons should read

|Play All| |Chapter 1| |Chapter 2| |Chapter 3| |Chapter 4| |Chapter 5| |Extras| |Interview with Tom Pravetz|

• True that ToMI is not a TV show, but TV shows certainly seem to be a model for Telltale's game structures. The previous MI games were definitely structured more like movies (or novels). Lost is a good example of a TV show with an epic serialized story, with virtually every episode ending in a cliffhanger. If you want the seamless experience, you can wait for the DVDs and hit "Play All," but you're still gonna have to fast forward through credits and recaps, not to mention swap discs.

I wouldn't be against them adding this feature if it was doable, but I can't really see the benenfit for me personally. What am I gonna do, play the entire season in one sitting? I usually break even a single episode into two or three play sessions.

• Before you guys go getting your hopes up, I'm just going to say right now that it would be a pretty monumental technical hurtle to get the episodes to play contiguously.

• The previous MI games were definitely structured more like movies (or novels).

Which i prefer

Lost is a good example of a TV show with an epic serialized story, with virtually every episode ending in a cliffhanger.

Yes. I dont like television Shows like that. 24, Prison Break and stuff, prefer more the television shows where every episode ends with closure including an serialized story as well.
    Matter of taste.

But for me, its still not comparable with Monkey Island. Think we cant come together in this question.:)

• User Avatar Image
    jmm

@Will said: Before you guys go getting your hopes up, I'm just going to say right now that it would be a pretty monumental technical hurtle to get the episodes to play contiguously.

Somehow I think your statement won't end the discussion, you should send Yare - The Crusher of Hope - to say "It won't happen"

• @Will said: Before you guys go getting your hopes up, I'm just going to say right now that it would be a pretty monumental technical hurtle to get the episodes to play contiguously.

@Will said: Yes. I dont like television Shows like that. 24, Prison Break and stuff, prefer more the television shows where every episode ends with closure including an serialized story as well.
    Matter of taste.

Well, matters of taste aside, you heard it from the man himself. Unlikely as hell, but if you guys keep carping about it, maybe they'll implement the "play all" in a future season. In the meantime, I have a totally practical solution. Just set up five computers side by side (on a really long desk), with each episode preloaded and ready to go!

But for me, its still not comparable with Monkey Island. Think we cant come together in this question.:)

Jeez, you'd think we were trying to end world hunger or draft a congressional health bill or something.

• @Jucius Maximus said:
    I wouldn't be against them adding this feature if it was doable, but I can't really see the benenfit for me personally. What am I gonna do, play the entire season in one sitting?

What a silly comment! Well what did you do playing the previous MI games? They werent episodic! Did you complete them in one sitting? I dont think think so. You might wanna try to SAVE GAME.
    If the DVD release will be a full game (which I hope it will) it doesnt affect your playing sessions as your probably going to save your game anyway.

@Jucius Maximus said: Before you guys go getting your hopes up, I'm just going to say right now that it would be a pretty monumental technical hurtle to get the episodes to play contiguously.

Surely it cant be that hard to combine the 5 episodes/chapters into a normal full game!? Can it really!??

• @Otis said: What a silly comment!

Those are my specialty.

@Otis said: You might wanna try to SAVE GAME.

Oh, man. You can do that?

@Otis said: Surely it cant be that hard to combine the 5 episodes/chapters into a normal full game!? Can it really!??

I have no idea, but Will seems to think so.

• If it's too difficult, then forget it...

Add Comment