User Avatar Image

When will the Earl Boen version of chapter 1 be up?

posted by apenpaap on - last edited - Viewed by 958 users

I was wondering when the version of Launch of the Screaming Narwhal with Earl as LeChuck would be available for download.

97 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • From the December 9, 2009 edition of the Telltale Interloper:

[quote]Earl Boen, the man who first gave a voice to the evil ghost/zombie/demon pirate in 1997 with Curse of Monkey Island™ has returned to play LeChuck in the final chapters of Tales of Monkey Island!

Plus, he's re-recorded lines for the prologue of "Launch of the Screaming Narwhal", which will be available on the Collector's DVD, and coming soon as an updated Chapter One download on our website!
    [/quote]

So if the answer is "never," they got some splainin' to do. :)

• Will the Earl Boen Chapter 1 also fix the bug in the icon--having 3D Guybrush instead of concept art Guybrush, when all the other chapters have concept art icons?

I think that's the real question here. I'm not in any hurry to get it really, but I'll be happy when it arrives.

• Yeah, I've been wondering about this as well. Would have made a nice Xmas or New Years present. :(

• It's coming out in the DVD, I believe.

• @Tpravetz said: It's coming out in the DVD, I believe.

Ah, that would make sense.

• @haydenwce27 said: Ah, that would make sense.

It would, but they did say that they're updating the downloadable game as well. So we'll get both, I'm sure. Probably the downloadable one before the DVD edition. I'm in no rush.

One thing I'd like to know is if Earl Boen's schedule was meant to clear up at the end of the season, and he was meant to do the voice for demon LeChuck all along. And, you know, if that at all affected the decision to get a differently-voiced form of LeChuck. It's just as likely, maybe even more likely, that it just happened to work out that way.

• I know that we all love to have Earl Boen as LeChuck as he is the perfect fit for the character; but we should also give Adam Harrington a hand for also doing a terrific job! I really liked the way he voiced LeChuck and I think that he deserves a little more recognition and appreciation for how well he voiced one of the greatest video game villains of all time. Great job Adam!

• The "soon" might have been a bit overeager on the newsletter's part, but it will be coming, and it will happen before the DVD. It's actually surprisingly hard to rerelease something (believe it or not), and dropping in an all new voice takes a bit of time too. So in short, we are just making sure the update gets done right.

Add Comment