User Avatar Image

Why does LeChuck love Elaine?

posted by StoutFiles on - last edited - Viewed by 628 users

I'm a little bit confused on why exactly LeChuck loves Elaine so much. Is it personality? Is it attractiveness? Is it her position of power?

See, I always thought it was her personality; she being so against LeChuck that he's turned on by it and makes it his mission to make her love him. But when she grabs the voodoo sword it COMPLETELY changes her personality! Elaine is now basically a slave to his power and has no control over her own emotions...she's basically a different person.

What's the point in that? Why would he want to completely change the person that he supposedly loves so that she's now a different person?

51 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • He was supposed to be somewhat of a successful pirate... So maybe he already has a large sum of treasure buried somewhere and Elaine is the last bit of... erm ..... booty left for him to collect.... and its the challenge he is really attracted to.

• Irishmile, two demerits for bad pun. I'm limiting your pie rations for this month.

But yeah, there are many men out there who get turned on by the whole "chase" thing, and who don't get that "no" means "Not if you were the last man on Earth and my dear, dying mother's last wish was to see a grandchild before she finally passed away". A swift kick to the crotch, on the other hand, is much harder to misinterpret.

• He only likes Elaine for her hatred of voodoo and because she plays hard to get, even though it's really "I hate your guts, go away." Type of hard to get.

• LeChuck loves Elain because she comes from a wealthy familiy with roots into the history and secrets of the carribean. Her grandfather was governor, she was governor.
    The other admirer she had back in MI1 where only interested in her position, not her personality - that's why Guybrush won her heart!!!

• Maybe she is the key to the Secret of Monkey island somehow.

• @Irishmile said: Maybe she is the key to the Secret of Monkey island somehow.

Not unlikely.

• @Irishmile said: For the same reasons Bowser loves Princess Peach, and the Ninja Turtles love pizza.

Bowser loves Peach (Princess Toadstool)? I never remember him saying he loved her, he just keeps kidnapping her and I thought it was to take over the Kingdom. They never really developed a clear why he keeps holding her hostage. At least I never saw it.

Sorry this post had nothing to do with Monkey Island.

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@Irishmile said: For the same reasons [ ... ] the Ninja Turtles love pizza.

She's covered in melty cheese? And is delivered hot within 30 minutes or you get her free? :p

• @techie775 said: Bowser loves Peach (Princess Toadstool)? I never remember him saying he loved her, he just keeps kidnapping her and I thought it was to take over the Kingdom. They never really developed a clear why he keeps holding her hostage. At least I never saw it.

It was explained in SuperMario RPG. they dug into the character of bowser a LOT deeper than in previous games and tried to really explore him.

Also iirc in one game bowser looks at Toadstool (I think Peach is her first name) and little hears appeared over his head. I might be wrong about that one though...

Sorry, off-topic, I know, but Bowser's my favorite character in the mario universe...

• @Ashton said: in one game bowser looks at Toadstool (I think Peach is her first name)

No, as far as I know they just changed the character's name. I think someone said that "Peach" is closer to the Japanese name but I'm not sure if that's the reason.

Add Comment