User Avatar Image

Suggestions for the Collector's DVD

posted by Kamikaze_Tutor on - last edited - Viewed by 763 users

tmicover.jpgMock-up cover. Sexy isn't it?

So we're already in 2010 and just can't wait for that promised Tales of Monkey Island Collector's DVD.

I've been thinking about what would it have and probably some people are still holding their fingers back on that checkout button, so I compiled a little list of things I'd like to see on the upcoming DVD (having in mind low production costs and package size).

[LIST]
[*]Steve Purcell's art as the cover
Just making sure it's going to be the official cover. That or a classic cover art like the previous MI games. Sorry Telltale but that first render of Guybrush still looks awful, the shading makes him look horribly weird.
[*]Higher quality speech
Some lines of dialog would benefit from less compression.
[*]Higher quality textures
Same here, there were times that the textures seemed way to pixelated and blurry.
[*]Official Soundtrack (either digital or on a CD)
Please yes! I won't lie, I've used a tool to extract some music out of Tales of MI and I can't stop listening to them. So obviously, I'd love actual, official, longer versions of tunes like swordfight.ogg. ;)
[*]Official Artwork (digital format)
Since asking for a artbook would be too much, I'd love to have high resolution artwork in the DVD. Please? Pretty please? Please pretty please with sugar on top?
[*]And finally (and wishfully)... Steve Purcell's Poster
Because I'm a bit baffled that the unsigned posters costs nearly as much as two episodes together... No offense to Steve Purcell's work, it's a piece of art, but some people have to pay extra to have for such a small poster shipped. :( (my room's walls are filled with movie size posters)
[/LIST]

Newly added:
[LIST]
[*]The official deck of tarot cards (added by Indrid Cold)

[*]Commentaries, making of and behind the scenes videos (added by Irishmile)

[*]Outtake reel (added by Scrawffler)

[*]Every episode of I Wonder What Happens (added by pluizig)
[/LIST]

So... could the Telltale team please stand up and give us a small peek at what people will get for buying or upgrading to the full season?

And what do you, Monkey Islanders, would like to see in your Collector's DVD? Have in mind that Telltale's probably not going to ship anything more than a DVD within a plastic case, but you can be extravagant if you wish. :P

99 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Funny, this thread came up at the same time we've been having meetings discussing this very issue!

Good to know what you guys want with your DVD, we'll keep these in mind when we're putting it together. Thanks!

• I'm all for Less Compressed Voices and Music! Having the artwork on the DVD would be cool to, especially that one of Flotsam Town that appeared in Nintendo Magazine.

Also, Dominic Armato commentry :)

• the journal-thing (prize from treasure hunt)

and all wallpapers made by Testernick (click)

• @Cyphox said: and all wallpapers made by Testernick (click)

And maybe some he hasn't made yet.

• I'd like to see more dialogue between LeChuck and Guybrush in the final battle, because that scene loses a bit of it's gruesomeness once they start repeating themselves.

• @Ash735 said: Also, Dominic Armato commentry :)

I've asked for this a zillion times now... and Dominic was like "If they want me to...", so DO THAT, G'DMN'IT!!

• Ooh! Ooh! Is it too much to ask for a set of TMI buttons to be included? PLEASE OH PLEASE?

• every single picture from the fan art, crappy fan art and disturbing fan art threads. including laserschwert's masterpieces. yes, you are a photoshop genius, not only in telltale forum, but everywhere (or "all over"?... my english sucks....) in the net, i love you

*beerdrink*

• Hmmm...

-Everything TTG
    -Everything LucasArts
    -Poppy Seed Bagels
    -Blueberry Muffins
    -Suro
    -Mr. Majus
    -Adel
    -Mihai
    -Money
    -A Good Job
    -True Love
    -World Peace ('sept for my wars of course)
    -Complete Knowledge of everything
    -Super Powers
    -Magic
    -Pure Happiness
    -Puppies
    -A... Too much? Nonsense!

• @Kamikaze_Tutor said: tmicover.jpgMock-up cover. Sexy isn't it?

So we're already in 2010 and just can't wait for that promised Tales of Monkey Island Collector's DVD.

I've been thinking about what would it have and probably some people are still holding their fingers back on that checkout button, so I compiled a little list of things I'd like to see on the upcoming DVD (having in mind low production costs and package size).

[LIST]
    [*]Steve Purcell's art as the cover
    Just making sure it's going to be the official cover. That or a classic cover art like the previous MI games. Sorry Telltale but that first render of Guybrush still looks awful, the shading makes him look horribly weird.
    [*]Higher quality speech
    Some lines of dialog would benefit from less compression.
    [*]Higher quality textures
    Same here, there were times that the textures seemed way to pixelated and blurry.
    [*]Official Soundtrack (either digital or on a CD)
    Please yes! I won't lie, I've used a tool to extract some music out of Tales of MI and I can't stop listening to them. So obviously, I'd love actual, official, longer versions of tunes like swordfight.ogg. ;)
    [*]Official Artwork (digital format)
    Since asking for a artbook would be too much, I'd love to have high resolution artwork in the DVD. Please? Pretty please? Please pretty please with sugar on top?
    [*]And finally (and wishfully)... Steve Purcell's Poster
    Because I'm a bit baffled that the unsigned posters costs nearly as much as two episodes together... No offense to Steve Purcell's work, it's a piece of art, but some people have to pay extra to have for such a small poster shipped. :( (my room's walls are filled with movie size posters)
    [/LIST]

Newly added:
    [LIST]
    [*]The official deck of tarot cards (added by Indrid Cold)

[*]Commentaries, making of and behind the scenes videos (added by Irishmile)

[*]Outtake reel (added by Scrawffler)

[*]Every episode of I Wonder What Happens (added by pluizig)
    [/LIST]

So... could the Telltale team please stand up and give us a small peek at what people will get for buying or upgrading to the full season?

And what do you, Monkey Islanders, would like to see in your Collector's DVD? Have in mind that Telltale's probably not going to ship anything more than a DVD within a plastic case, but you can be extravagant if you wish. :P

Like all of these, plus Irishmile's map idea.

What about a Jolly Roger, depicting Murray. :p Also a semi-nude (fully nude is better of course) layout of Elaine and Morgan in the shallows on one of those tiny isolated islands.

Add Comment