User Avatar Image

Monkey Island Movie - Who would YOU cast?

posted by Silverwolfpet on - last edited - Viewed by 5.1K users

Hey guys!

I figured out another fun little thing to do while we wait for the first episode. If there ever will be a Monkey Islandmovie, who would you cast as Guybrush, Elaine, LeChuck, Voodoo Lady, Stan, Murray etc etc. ?
Just write below something like this.
My Cast:
Guybrush - ?
Elaine - ?
LeChuck - ?
Stan - Jim Carrey
Voodoo Lady - Whoopee Goldberg
Murray - Christopher Lloyd :p
and continue the list

129 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • But how would he kiss himself?

...Acting!

• If there was ever to be a feature film based on MI2, I think Stacy Keach would make an amazing LeChuck. I've been watching my Prison Break DVD's and thought of him as LeChuck the evil Zombie Pirate everytime I see that awesome smile he's got.

Check out that face of his, slap on a living beard, wouldn't he be just TOO great as LeChuck? He's even got quite a badass voice. A Monkey Island movie would be worth doing just to cast him I tell ya.

• My vote for Guybrush goes to Zach Braff (the guy from "Scrubs"). He's got the right look and has great comic timing. What about Kate Winslet for Elaine? Just throwing it out there.

• Sooo I just signed up and I'm a no-nothing newbie to you guys probably, but I was thinking about this topic and when I read it I had to use the thread for my first post.

Guybrush Threepood: TOPHER GRACE (look him up... seriously! this guy screams Threepwood to me!)
    Elaine Marley - Isla Fisher or Emmy Rossum (though she wouldn't look as good with Topher... then again he's known to look stupid next to pretty redheads. lol)
    LeChuck - Robert Englund
    Morgan LeFlay - Kate Voegele or Sharon Sossamon (can't decide)
    Murray the Demonic Skull - Johnny Depp
    Stan - Brenden Fraser
    Voodoo Lady - Tia Dalma (POTC) though she'd have to wear some type of suit....

• @Shainagirl said: Sooo I just signed up and I'm a no-nothing newbie to you guys probably, but I was thinking about this topic and when I read it I had to use the thread for my first post.

Guybrush Threepood: TOPHER GRACE (look him up... seriously! this guy screams Threepwood to me!)

Actually, not bad. Reminded me of Brett Harrison (Sam from Reaper) a little bit, who'd also make a good Guyrbush. Neil Patrick Harris still wins for me though.

@Shainagirl said:
    Elaine Marley - Isla Fisher or Emmy Rossum (though she wouldn't look as good with Topher... then again he's known to look stupid next to pretty redheads. lol)

Emmy Rossum would make a pretty good young Elaine

@Shainagirl said:
    LeChuck - Robert Englund

He'd be brilliant in most respects, but he's slightly too thin. I'd like to see him on screen as LeChuck, but I'd prefer someone a little bigger.

@Shainagirl said:
    Morgan LeFlay - Kate Voegele or Sharon Sossamon (can't decide)

Shannyn Sossamon would make a BRILLIANT Morgan LeFlay. I've never heard of the other one, so I'm not sure about her.

@Shainagirl said:
    Murray the Demonic Skull - Johnny Depp

I disagree with this one

@Shainagirl said:
    Stan - Brenden Fraser

I never thought about him, but he'd make a really great Stan. A lot of people don't seem to like him for whatever reason, but I think he'd be great.
    @Shainagirl said:
    Voodoo Lady - Tia Dalma (POTC) though she'd have to wear some type of suit....
    lol, reprising her role :p She'd obviously make a good voodoo lady (which is why Disney chose her), but she's way too thin. A fat suit would look really out of place if it wasn't done absolutely perfectly.

All in all, that's a brilliant list. I hereby welcome you to the Telltale Monkey Island forums. :winslow:

• Well, I see somone got out the voodoo charms and cast some necromatic spells about the forums... (though I dont remember if there's a rule against thread necromancy or not...)

I have only 1 person in mind, but I think it's the perfect match

Lechuck - Jeremy Irons

((if that fails I'd say at least use him for Murry. Irons has _SUCH_ a deliciously evil voice!))

• @Ashton said: Well, I see somone got out the voodoo charms and cast some necromatic spells about the forums... (though I dont remember if there's a rule against thread necromancy or not...)

Shouldn't be, there's sod all wrong with it.

• Aww thanks Fealiks. And I knew I was saying Shannyn's name wrong somehow... as for Kate Voegele, she plays Mia on One Tree Hill. She's got the look, plus her voice is a lot like Morgan's. Here's a photo of her:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_CZ152YVVbDE/SK0FYndoQ-I/AAAAAAAACMA/_HT8keuP-IY/s320/KateVoegele.jpg

I thought of something else... I don't know his real name, but Hagrid (Harry Potter) would make a good LeChuck... or Haggis. Either one would be pretty awesome.

• Voodoo Lady - Whoopie Goldberg :)

Add Comment