23 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Haggis said: Hey, that's a really nice-looking Victorian house there, maybe I'll put that on my wishl- OMG LOOK AT THE PRICE!!! :eek:

That reminds me, I need to buy a new LEGO pirate ship some day, my old one broke into a thousand pieces that are now lost forever.

You should creat a diorama, with your old ship at the bottom, and your new one sailing over the top.

Twould be epic, my friend...epic.

• @nikasaur said: They started getting into really modern stuff, like grocery stores and gas stations and such.

Never bought any so I only know what I had as a kid, and it was all castles and cowboys and other old stuff like that... It was great, I had the most amazing adventures. It's kinda harder to imagine young me playing epic stories in a... gas station. Or grocery store. I don't know, doesn't sparkle my imagination as much I guess.

• I am pretty much required by law to link the Camphor, Castaway Music Video... It has Playmobil, Pirates, and an awesome song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7FYKJ4HRf4

• @Haggis said: That reminds me, I need to buy a new LEGO pirate ship some day, my old one broke into a thousand pieces that are now lost forever.

I used to have an awesome Lego pirate ship when I was little (mostly assembled by my dad), but it sat put together in its box in a spare room and eventually got dismantled a bit, and when I was old enough to put it together myself, I found that the mast was missing. Lego did a re-issue of the Black Seas Barracuda a couple years ago, but it was way too expensive.

• @GuruGuru214 said: I used to have an awesome Lego pirate ship when I was little (mostly assembled by my dad), but it sat put together in its box in a spare room and eventually got dismantled a bit, and when I was old enough to put it together myself, I found that the mast was missing. Lego did a re-issue of the Black Seas Barracuda a couple years ago, but it was way too expensive.

I used to have a Lego castle (assembled by my mums friend), and i really loved it, and was devastated when someone knocked it off the table, causing significant damage. Looked pretty cool though, like modern day castle ruins. I wish i still had that...

Oh and, just found this on google
    www.brickshelf.com_gallery_oli_ZombiePir

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

I am seriously considering to play around with the LEGO Digital Designer one day.

• @DjNDB said: I am seriously considering to play around with the LEGO Digital Designer one day.

I remember when that came out, as well as their awesome robot kits. The LEGO brand is really doing a lot of awesome things to fit into the modern world, without compromising the integrity of the whole thing, unlock some "modernizations". It's all really cool stuff.

• @avistew said: It's kinda harder to imagine young me playing epic stories in a... gas station.

Can't stop laughing now.

Also the Lego digital designer was kind of clunky when I messed with it. I couldn't get every piece in every color as I preferred, and I knew there was special pieces that I missed out on. Then again this was MAYBE 2 years ago when I tried it? I wanted to build some Lego-Bamboo and came out disappointed. Going to a Lego store is much more preferable, SOOOO many bins of blocks to be had...

• Speaking of Lego, has anyone seen the Real Lego House that James May built? It's amazing! It was for the series "James May'sToy stories", which i don't think aired in the U.S.

click here
    He also made a plastercine garden (for the royal flower show), the worlds largest scalextric track, a giant Model plane and a real Meccano Bridge (crossing the river Mersey, Liverpool). (well, i say he, they were actually community-like projects)

• I saw the plastercine one....thought it was brilliant :)

Add Comment