User Avatar Image

I really hate Elaine in the ending sequence (SPOILER)

posted by Bloody Eugene on - last edited - Viewed by 2.6K users

She always has a plan????? What this plan was???
That's a bad screenplay joke, Telltale....
It ruins all the plot. :(

I don't even think that anyone at Telltale knows what plan she has on... it's just an bad excuse to create some suprise, but it totally fails....

If this is the help that Ron gave you about Elaine's role (as you said in an early interview)... better leave him home next time.

Another enigma to solve in the Monkey Island universe.... I'm getting bored with these tricks.

Being propositive: change the latest lines of the game and re-release an updated version, with longer and corrected ending sequence.

Bye!

133 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Let's discuss fiction on a message board in general! Totally seems like a productive way to spend our time rather than to go outside and get some fresh air and exercise!

It's a message board for a game, dude. Discussing ANYTHING about it after you're already done with it isn't ever a productive way to spend your time. Unless you want to count that you're getting some writing or communication experience out of it, and so it shouldn't even matter what the subject is.

Also, goofs are totally different things than plot gaps. I certainly find them interesting and funny to read, and they're not really meant to berate the source.

• @PecanBlue said: I don't remember this at all, somehow. I just remember Voodoo Lady taking credit.

Largo lied and said that and ended up with part of LeChuck. The Voodoo Lady never made that claim.

I thought there's more than one reference that Elaine says defeated Lechuck. I don't remember who it was (maybe the gate guard?) but Elaine's staff mentions she defeated LeChuck, that and I thought she had a book in the library (not sure on that one) with her name as an anagram.

• I somehow think this is just a running gag about nobody believing that Guybrush could actually kill LeChuck and then just having other people be falsely credited throughout.

• I think Elaine was bluffing when she said "i let played along with your nice guy act" theres loads of times when random thins come togeather and worked out good 4 me and i lied saing i planed it all along I think she may have 2

• @Sailorcuteness said: I think Elaine was bluffing when she said "i let played along with your nice guy act"

Best explanation ever, I really mean this. ;)
    Unfortunately, we could just ASSUME it's a bluff. We'll never know.

• Yeah my friend even thought the two statements were unconnected and she was in denial when saying both. She thought when Elaine said "I let you capture me" she was referring to the most recent capture that Winslow mentions and not the one at the beginning, and then tried to make up an excuse for the whole nice guy thing before. Like she's just trying keep LeChuck in his place and stands her ground as the tough one in front of him.

WHO KNOWS!!!

• @nikasaur said: According to This! there's a pretty good explanation from Stemmle:

I really liked the answer, but unfortunately it doesn't explain the role of LeChuck's "trust belt". And I don't understand what Mike means with

"nudging Guybrush in ways both small (”trust me”) and large (”take the ring”)."
    What kind of "Voodoo-Lady-related-nudging" is giving him the ring? What should Guybrush guess by that?

• User Avatar Image
    ttg_Stemmle Telltale Staff

@Diduz said: I really liked the answer, but unfortunately it doesn't explain the role of LeChuck's "trust belt". And I don't understand what Mike means with

"nudging Guybrush in ways both small (”trust me”) and large (”take the ring”)."
    What kind of "Voodoo-Lady-related-nudging" is giving him the ring? What should Guybrush guess by that?

LeChuck's Trust Belt is something that just sort of enhanced human LeChuck's natural charisma. Elaine likely never REALLY got sucked in by it, although she probably had undoubtedly had moments where her resolve was tested (Exhibit A: "Woof."). In other words, it's a bit of a puzzle device that also helps explain why everyone else in the Caribbean is willing to give Human LeChuck the time of day.

Elaine's handing Guybrush her ring is an interesting lil' plot point, innit? She had no idea that her hubby would be stuck in the afterlife, nor that the rules for getting out of the afterlife would neatly coincide with offering up said ring. And yet, she intuitively KNOWS to give it to him, and makes sure he keeps his hands on it, even AFTER she's fully f-ed up by the Pox (note how ticked she gets on the stand when Guybrush points out the ring on the evidence stand). She knows the ring is important, and does everything she can to reinforce its importance, even though she really can't have ANY idea WHY its important.

So how'd the idea get planted in her head, anyway?

Mike "Max is a funny little bunny" Stemmle

• @ttg_Stemmle said: (note how ticked she gets on the stand when Guybrush points out the ring on the evidence stand)

I loved that. In fact, I'm tempted to play Trial and Execution again right now just because I can't remember her exact response, just that it was great.

Add Comment