User Avatar Image

Tales of Monkey Island Ch. 5 - Rise of the Pirate God

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 3K users

It's out! It's done! Woooo!

ship.jpgTales of Monkey Island
Rise of the Pirate God

Video Games exist!! Download it!

Official Description: Our piratey heroes meet their ultimate match with the Rise of the Pirate God. Can the world of Monkey Island be saved? Find out as the Tales of Monkey Island saga comes to its thrilling conclusion.

Learn more about the game here

I wonder what happens? Flash film

This is it! Share your thoughts on the finale and the season as a whole. Enjoy guys.

265 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @LowMoralFiber said: Elaine's nuts are tasty?

You made the joke a whole lot better! I should have used are...

• This board has officially began it's journey to be as creepy as the disturbing fanart thread.

• Hi there people,
    I'm really happy to have finally seen the end of this beautiful game series!
    After playing the first episode, I found myself wanting to wait for all the remaining ones to come out before playing them, so that I could experience something more continuous. It's been worth waiting for: if Episode 1 was a good kickoff, the regular match and the extra time have brought forth many emotions and lots of good laugh. A special mention goes to Lair of the Leviathan and its original concept, especially for the Stinky tweaking geezer!

I played every other MI over the years, starting as a kid, and apart from disappointing Escape (which had its highlights anyway) the quality standard has always been kept high.

My very heartfelt thanks to Telltale for resurrecting Guybrush, who taught me what adventuring was (and was essential to learn English as a schoolboy, much more than course books ;))

Since I'm new to Telltale games, I think I'll give the Sam & Max series a try (even if they weren't my favourite characters from the "golden era" - what about telling us if Bernard and Laverne are OK?!).
    And of course, there's this whole Voodoo Lady mess to clear up.

By the way, have I smoked too much or the Voodoo Lady's voice when talking from the seagull is different from her regular one? The accent seemed to me to be lighter and the voice younger, but I only played Ep.5 once so I can be wrong...

• @mick82 said:
    By the way, have I smoked too much or the Voodoo Lady's voice when talking from the seagull is different from her regular one? The accent seemed to me to be lighter and the voice younger, but I only played Ep.5 once so I can be wrong...

There was a different voice actor for the Voodoo Lady in Tales than in Curse and Escape. Maybe you only just noticed it at that particular point of the game.

• Really liked this episode (and the whole reason really, just bought it when all was out to get all of them done in a row, now awaiting the DVD).

It felt rather long. Of course that was also because the annoying back and forth (ugh, retaking your body was made especially annoying by that), but even with that excluded it felt longer than any of the other episodes, which is good.

End battle timing got annoying after a while too. In the begin too short as I wanted to click everything, in the end too long as I wanted to move on to the next stage already :p.

Aside from all that, a great way to close the season. Made well up for the less trial and execution episode. Looking very forward to Sam & Max 2010, unlike some other posters in this thread I don't mind the little advertisement added in the end... Now for season 2!

EDIT: And to whoever said "why can I only say one line at the end" instead of all, I agree. It's over a little too fast.
    EDIT2: Reading another thread about upgrades I remember this being the only episode I got a gamebreaking bug. Loading the very first auto-save the dog didn't move towards the grave, so no dirtdigging and starting at all. Had to press New Game. Not that much progress lost, but still...

• I'm a bit behind the times at this point, but as I'm running these on a Mac it took me a bit longer to get Windows up and dual booted on here :p

I was very pleased with the series as well as this episode. I felt kind of bad for Morgan though. She was one of my favorite characters in the series. I know she comes back as a ghost, but I was kind of hoping she'd come back to life as well still I'm glad it was left open for a season 2. I was also glad to hear that Earl Boen came back to do LeChuck! I can't wait for the DVD to come out. Also I'm excited for Sam and Max 3, now I've got to catch up with the last two seasons ;>.>

Thanks again guys!

• Just finished playing Chapter 5, and I loved every single bit of it. However, the ending left me puzzled. So, I would kindly ask you to explain to me the following 3 things:

1. I chose to use the ring with the center of the crossroads, just because it hadn't been used in the game, up till that point. And, it worked. My question is, why was the ring, the ANCHOR, GUIDE, SACRIFICE and COURAGE at the same time?

2. Elaine knew the plan into details all along? How come? So, she knew that Guybrush would have to die, regain his body, and trap Le Chuck in 2 dimensions?

3. What was that with Morgan and the Voodoo Lady in the end? So, she traded Le Chuck for her body, or was that the plan since the beginning?

I would be grateful to anyone answering these 3 questions for me. :)

• @Nightwalker said:

1. I chose to use the ring with the center of the crossroads, just because it hadn't been used in the game, up till that point. And, it worked. My question is, why was the ring, the ANCHOR, GUIDE, SACRIFICE and COURAGE at the same time?

I'm not sure, but I'm sure marriage has all of these things. Hence the wedding ring.

• @Fabula vir said: I'm not sure, but I'm sure marriage has all of these things. Hence the wedding ring.

It crossed my mind as well, but I just thought that maybe this was a reference to something Elaine and Guybrush had spoken in earlier chapters, maybe before Elaine set sail with Le Chuck. :S

Add Comment