User Avatar Image

Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventure for PC

posted by Cyd on - last edited - Viewed by 1.0K users

I purchased the four episode game today at Best Buy. I am playing FRIGHT OF THE BUMBLEBEES. It was playing beautifully... I think I've encountered a bug. When Gromit goes to town to solve the bee problem the game no longer functions. No clicking, no walking, no inventory, no EXIT. I can only exit the game with ctrl+alt+del. Also, what's with the "Tea Break" message. That's very frustrating when the game locks up over and over again.:rolleyes:

Any help will be appreciated.

Windows XP
NVIDIA card
2.71 GHz
3.00 GB Ram
Free Hard Drive Space 126 GB

If I should have to move the game to our VISTA machine where are the saved games stored? Is a patch available

Thank you,

Cyd

45 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • That's certainly odd. The game isn't available at retail yet, so I don't really get how you managed to buy a copy at Best Buy.

• User Avatar Image
    Cyd

@Tjibbbe said: That's certainly odd. The game isn't available at retail yet, so I don't really get how you managed to buy a copy at Best Buy.

I live in the USA. It is available here in a blue boxed version with a nice graphic on the cover. The boxed version also has an EXTRA BONUS GAME EPISODE FREE from the TellTale website. The Best Buy price was $19.99, which I thought was a bargain for four episodes. Until...the glitch. I might have to forget episode one and go on to THE LAST RESORT.:(

Cyd

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

@Cyd said: Also, what's with the "Tea Break" message.
    [...]
    If I should have to move the game to our VISTA machine where are the saved games stored?

What did you last do before the bug occured?
    You usually get the "Tea Break" message when you hit pause (ESC Key) during dialog and escape it the same way.

In your documents folder you'll find a folder for the episode containing the savegames. It should be something like

Vista/7: %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Telltale Games\
    XP: %USERPROFILE%\My Documents\Telltale Games\

• User Avatar Image
    Cyd

Here is some added information. I found the saved games. We have installed the game on our VISTA machine and installed the saved games. The same glitch still occures. We have changed game settings via the interface at the beginning with no difference. I'm down to...does anyone have a saved game past the bee adventure in town? Or maybe...just as you start the bee adventure in town?

Going to brunch before I do something unspeakable.:eek:

Thank you for any help.

Cyd

• User Avatar Image
    Cyd

@DjNDB said: What did you last do before the bug occured?
    You usually get the "Tea Break" message when you hit pause (ESC Key) during dialog and escape it the same way.

In your documents folder you'll find a folder for the episode containing the savegames. It should be something like

Vista/7: %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Telltale Games\
    XP: %USERPROFILE%\My Documents\Telltale Games\

I'm sorry I didn't see your response before I added my latest. I know when the Tea Break message usually displays. That I get. But once it locks up it's the only key that works. Grrrrr.

My last thing was getting the pan timer. Then I talk to Wallace and head to town to help with the bees. I can walk all around the street, but as soon as I click on anything it's over. Can't walk, click, no inventory, no exit. Just "TEA BREAK".

Cyd:confused:

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

can you attach your savegame?

• User Avatar Image
    Cyd

Here is my saved #3 and their slot0 which I guess is the automatic save. Well I tried to attach, but I don't think it worked. I didn't see the "save" as an acceptible extension on the list. I'll send this off and see what posts.:(

Cyd

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

You should zip the files before you attach them.

• User Avatar Image
    Cyd

You and my husband are echoes in my ears. I just did that. Here is the zip with the two I mentioned.

Cyd

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

Okay, i loaded the save games and here i can go into town and click around without problems.
    I made a new save game based on your slot 3 you can try.

Add Comment