User Avatar Image

Urgent MI 2 question

posted by Otis on - last edited - Viewed by 226 users

Please get rid of this thread, if necessary, after I have got an answer. Thank you.

So Ive got the Monkey Island Trilogy pack, which contains the Monkey Island Madness CD featuring SoMI and MI 2. Does anyone know, for sure, if the MI 2 in that CD is the easier version, or the hard version?

I have only played the MI 2 from the Monkey Madness CD and it doesnt have an option to change the difficulty. However Ive heard that there are two difficulty settings in MI 2 in some versions. So I would like to know if I have always played the easy or the hard version.

I repeat I play it from the Monkey Island Trilogy box Monkey Madness CD. Thank you and sorry.

44 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm guessing that screenshots question was directed at me...if so, I direct you OVA HEER!!! :rolleyes:

• I noticed something that I didn't know or forgot in that link of yours. Apparently the demo features a totally different phatt wharf tune. I'd like to get hold of that, anyone know where I can find it?

• Oh thanks!
    And also this is interesting from the link, it's the name of a book that didn't make it to the full version:

[Quote]DANCING
    "DANCING SKELTONS AND OTHER HALLUCINATIONS"
    "Usually, dreaming of dancing skeletons is linked to premonitions of future events..."[/Quote]

skeletondancemi2.gif

• @monkey_05_06 said: I'm guessing that screenshots question was directed at me...if so, I direct you OVA HEER!!! :rolleyes:

funnyest change in demo to real game

"When the guard asks why Elaine would lie about killing LeChuck, there are three possible dialogue options in the demo: Jealousy?, Revenge?, and Penis envy? In the final game Penis envy? was replaced by two options, Fame and fortune? and For attention?"

• I have another question about MI 2 cd version. It seems that there are no music playing when I play the game from the CD. Ive also heard that its possible to get the music to play, so if anyone can instruct me I would be thankful.

I can play the game through scummvm and then there is music but I prefer playing fullscreen.

• @Otis said: I have another question about MI 2 cd version. It seems that there are no music playing when I play the game from the CD. Ive also heard that its possible to get the music to play, so if anyone can instruct me I would be thankful.

I can play the game through scummvm and then there is music but I prefer playing fullscreen.

hit alt enter on scummvm and its full screen

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

@Otis said: I have another question about MI 2 cd version. It seems that there are no music playing when I play the game from the CD. Ive also heard that its possible to get the music to play, so if anyone can instruct me I would be thankful.

It is possible that the Music is running from CD Audio Tracks in the CD Version, whereas ScummVM uses something different like MIDI.
    In that case make sure your cd drive is connected to your sound card properly and it is not muted in the Windows Mixer.

• there's no cd-audio version of mi2. mi2 uses imuse, which is an interactive music system, it doesn't work with audio tracks at all

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMUSE

maybe he/she has no music, because he/she starts mi2 in windows, and as we all know, the game was made for dos, so it can't work that way....

• yhea, there's really no point in playing MI2 from original interpreter anymore, since scummvm is pretty much 95% compatible. the only thing different is the save\load screen, and even that is actually better in scummvm because there are screenshots of the save state.

Add Comment