User Avatar Image

Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventure for PC

posted by Cyd on - last edited - Viewed by 2.2K users

I purchased the four episode game today at Best Buy. I am playing FRIGHT OF THE BUMBLEBEES. It was playing beautifully... I think I've encountered a bug. When Gromit goes to town to solve the bee problem the game no longer functions. No clicking, no walking, no inventory, no EXIT. I can only exit the game with ctrl+alt+del. Also, what's with the "Tea Break" message. That's very frustrating when the game locks up over and over again.:rolleyes:

Any help will be appreciated.

Windows XP
NVIDIA card
2.71 GHz
3.00 GB Ram
Free Hard Drive Space 126 GB

If I should have to move the game to our VISTA machine where are the saved games stored? Is a patch available

Thank you,

Cyd

45 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Cyd

@DjNDB said: Okay, i loaded the save games and here i can go into town and click around without problems.
    I made a new save game based on your slot 3 you can try.

NUTS! I tried to unzip the slot4.zip you sent and got the message "No files to extract." I so appreciate all you have tried to do.

I went further back and played forward got all the bees killed in the yard, again...and this is what I have. See attached.

Cyd

• User Avatar Image
    Cyd

@DjNDB said: Okay, i loaded the save games and here i can go into town and click around without problems.
    I made a new save game based on your slot 3 you can try.

Switched my extraction software to IZarc and I got it!

Cyd

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

I tried your new game and it worked just as fine. Did you try the one I attached yet?

• User Avatar Image
    Cyd

@Cyd said: ...............

Switched my extraction software to IZarc and I got it!

Cyd

Oh well :( We gave it a good try. I put the file in my saved games. The game recognized it as four, but when clicked on...everything went black and I was back to ctrl+alt+del.

Again, thank you so much for all you tried to do.

Cyd

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

That's sad. Since it happens with your savegame on both of your PCs and works on mine my best guess is that something is wrong with the DVD.
    I think your best option is to discuss the problem with TTG at support@telltalegames.com and send them a link to this thread.

• User Avatar Image
    Cyd

@DjNDB said: That's sad. Since it happens with your savegame on both of your PCs and works on mine my best guess is that something is wrong with the DVD.
    I think your best option is to discuss the problem with TTG at support@telltalegames.com and send them a link to this thread.

What's really sad is how bad I am with IZArc. I played with it some more and found I had to extract yet another layer. I ended up with a 203 KB size file. Ah ha. I put it in the saved game folder, the game recognized it and it started right up. I went to town at the appointed time and the game failed again. I think we've given it a good test and you may be right about the disc. I forgot to mention I reinstalled the game (saving my saved games) and it didn't help.

Episode two and three played beautifully. :D

How would I send a link to support with the whole thread? :rolleyes:

Thanks again.

Cyd

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

Ah, at least the savegame crash is solved now. Copy this address into your e-mail. I had to put it into this box so it doesn't get shortened and can still be copied properly:
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14789

• User Avatar Image
    Cyd

@DjNDB said: Ah, at least the savegame crash is solved now. Copy this address into your e-mail. I had to put it into this box so it doesn't get shortened and can still be copied properly:
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14789

Will do. Thanks. I might try to get back to Best Buy this week to see if they will replace the game with another copy.

It was very nice trying my hand at a forum and meeting such a good person. :)

Cyd

• User Avatar Image
    TesterNick Telltale Staff

Here are some saves, one right before entering town (slot2) and one after having solved the in town puzzle (slot4). Back up your existing saves and try these ones out.

• User Avatar Image
    Cyd

Thank you for trying to help. I've communicated with you via the email you sent me. The files you sent may help others :)

Cyd

Add Comment