User Avatar Image

A new main character?

posted by ezzetabi on - last edited - Viewed by 212 users

I was thinking, just like Fallout 2 where you play another character from Fallout 1: what about some new Monkey Island stories with another hero?

For example: the stories of Threepwood and his Wife are happened, and they are fearsome might pirates, the new main character is a new guy that tries to follow his footsteps.

43 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    jmm

Adding more interesting characters to the cast: yes.
    Relegating Guybrush to a background character: not now, not ever, never!
    Promoting (temporarily) a character as the main character or as the user ego: depends on why and who is promoted to the role.

• Max should be playable I think we should be able to play Morgan, just for the sake of irony.

• Before chapter 4 came out, I actually wondered if we would play chapter 5 as LeChuck, fighting demon Guybrush.

• I think that if there is a new main character it will end the series. It will really screw up the game.

• I'd like a spin-off title where you controlled a wannabe pirate maybe 100 years later (so the setting can't change that much), having heard of the legendary Guybrush Threepwood and his encounters with the dreadful never-dying pirate LeChuck. He's heard of the three trials, which they gave up on around 50 years ago, but decides to do them anyway just as a symbolic act ("to honer the legendary Guybrush Threepwood, I will conquer these trials!"). Unfortunately, the information he got on the three trials is provided to him by some dark mysterious figure (this could be either an old Largo Lagrande, which have managed to stay alive due to some mysterious happenings during LeChucks Revenge), or the voodoo lady (who happens to be immortal and evil). And the information is wrong, instead of three items collected in the actual trials, they're three magic items that the Voodoo Lady can use to resurrect LeChuck once again. But why? Well, because she's found another victim for her great puppetshow. And that victim is you. Coincidence? Not a chance.

• I totally agree with you prizna!!

• @StarEye said: I'd like a spin-off title where you controlled a wannabe pirate maybe 100 years later (so the setting can't change that much), having heard of the legendary Guybrush Threepwood and his encounters with the dreadful never-dying pirate LeChuck. He's heard of the three trials, which they gave up on around 50 years ago, but decides to do them anyway just as a symbolic act ("to honer the legendary Guybrush Threepwood, I will conquer these trials!"). Unfortunately, the information he got on the three trials is provided to him by some dark mysterious figure (this could be either an old Largo Lagrande, which have managed to stay alive due to some mysterious happenings during LeChucks Revenge), or the voodoo lady (who happens to be immortal and evil). And the information is wrong, instead of three items collected in the actual trials, they're three magic items that the Voodoo Lady can use to resurrect LeChuck once again. But why? Well, because she's found another victim for her great puppetshow. And that victim is you. Coincidence? Not a chance.

That sounds like a bad idea for a Monkey Island game, but a good idea for a fanfiction. You should try writing one.

• @apenpaap said: That sounds like a bad idea for a Monkey Island game

That's why I called it a spin-off! :)

• No way in hell!! Okay, maybe as a small side story where you got to play as another character would be cool and all, but the entire game based on this would ruin the whole Monkey Island Mojo! What is Monkey Island without Guybrush Threepwood?

A pirate-themed game loosely resembling the Sims - except that now it sucks...

• Short answer: No.

Long answer: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm sorry, but people love Guybrush far too much to want to play as anyone else. Multiple protagonists worked for King's Quest, but like people said earlier, Monkey Island= Guybrush Threepwood, Guybrush Threepwood= Monkey Island.

Add Comment