User Avatar Image

Apple iPad

posted by Thriftweed Fancy Pants on - last edited - Viewed by 313 users

Call me names ("fan-boy"), but I love Apple products. Apple released it's iPad today, and even though it's basically a bigger, better iPhone, I have to admit, I'm going to start paying more attention to the adventure games that become available for the mobile operating system shared by these devices. Has anyone played Broken Sword on the iPhone before? Any titles you would like to see become available?

65 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Thriftweed Fancy Pants said: Call me names ("fan-boy"), but I love Apple products.

You lost me there, dude.

• ipods having been the only apple products I've used thus far, I really, really... Well, let's just say they were responsible for raising my blood pressure, figuratively speaking, so I had to vow to never use those again.

Their phones sound pretty cool though, but having never used one myself, I can't make proper judgment.

• The iPad makes me think of someone from Boston trying to pronounce "iPod." I can't wait to see what it's like when people try to order it.

• @LowMoralFiber said: The iPad makes me think of someone from Boston trying to pronounce "iPod." I can't wait to see what it's like when people try to order it.

I've been shown that iPad made some think of THIS;

http://failblog.org/2010/01/27/name-fail-photoshop-win/

Now I can't think of anything else when I hear the word.

• @Falanca said: I've been shown that iPad made some think of THIS;

http://failblog.org/2010/01/27/name-fail-photoshop-win/

Now I can't think of anything else when I hear the word.

People really aren't being funny when they make tampon jokes, they're just showing how immature they are.

Anyway, the apple iPad looks amazing. It will revolutionize movie-watching on-the-go, and shut up the old people who say "I can't watch a movie on a screen this small!". Also, the fact that it's compatible with iPhone/iTouch apps just closed the deal for me.

• In the end what separates a man from an Apple fanboy? Money? Power? No. A man chooses, an Apple fanboi BUYS EVERYTHING WITH AN APPLE LOGO ON. FANBOY! FAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    *ahem* Sorry.

• I'm not sure I understand the point of the device, to be honest. The iPhone and the iPod Touch are amazing products because they store that functionality in such a small space. When you make the thing that big, I just don't see a reason for the thing to exist in its own right. Am I crazy for thinking that I'd much rather have an ereader, or an iPod Touch, or a nice laptop? And the cost of the thing is so prohibitive.

I don't get it. Why do we want a big iPod Touch? Am I missing something here?

• Well, like I said in the OP, I think adventure games could eventually benefit, so that's one positive. Also, I don't think $499 is unreasonable, why do you?

• @Thriftweed Fancy Pants said: Well, like I said in the OP, I think adventure games could eventually benefit, so that's one positive. Also, I don't think $499 is unreasonable, why do you?

For $499 you're getting what is essentially their "Bare bones" model, 16 GB of storage and WiFi alone, no 3G. So we're talking a device about the size of a normal laptop or netbook, with a price higher than that most consumer laptops and netbooks, and with less functionality than these products that are half the thing's cost.

Your average laptop or netbook can multitask. It can utilize Flash. A normal laptop or netbook is open to whatever software you want to buy and install from anywhere, not just the manufacturer's application store. Most laptops and netbooks have this functionality without buying an extra adapter that costs more money.

Apple's system for the iPhone and the iPod Touch can live and thrive in the environment of the pocket-sized devices. But I just can't see how it can double the price, make the thing far bigger(removing a huge benefit of its elder brethren), and think this is a new product that people will adopt in droves. I don't really need to think about why it's not overpriced, I'd like someone to tell me why it's not overpriced.

• If its anything like my ipod it will break a day after its warranty...

Add Comment