User Avatar Image

"fill out our online questionnaire"....

posted by loxlie on - last edited - Viewed by 1.8K users

RE the new email, with its bizarrely conventional invitational to give our "views"...

Particularly our "views" on what exact phrases should best sum up the forthcoming S+M season...

Does anyone else find this as profoundly disturbing as I do? I'm a little drunk, admittedly*, but why the arse are we being asked our opinion of what exact phrases would be most compelling to part with our pennies? I mean...

Well, I'm quite lost for words here. Am I overreacting? To the temeritous point, is it tolerable for Telltale to be trebucheting trite telemarketing towards our teased and taunted tremultuations?

I say no. Twice and thrice no! Not right at all. Fire the consultants. With fire. Max would and should be dismayed, and (at last, appropriately) violently vengeful.

Or possibly that was a glorious parody designed specifically for arses like me to get all riled up. Please let that be so... Pleasey please....

*Actually, I'm an absurdly tall drunk, but still, I think my point stands, like me - precariously yet peculiarly proudly...

44 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Huh.

UK, Germany, France, Italy and Scandanavia are all okay, but what if you live in an other Western Europe nation (Holland, Belgium, Swiss, Austria, etc.?)

EDIT: To above post... there was an "anything else you wanted to add" box you could have typed it in ;).

• @Shwoo said: No he didn't, that was Sam. I can understand why; I wouldn't trust Max with the power to make people vomit either.

Or did he use those powers? I don't remember anymore, but I don't think he did.

He can make people vomit with anything except his mind.

• @Hassat Hunter said: Huh.

UK, Germany, France, Italy and Scandanavia are all okay, but what if you live in an other Western Europe nation (Holland, Belgium, Swiss, Austria, etc.?)

EDIT: To above post... there was an "anything else you wanted to add" box you could have typed it in ;).

The same could be said about other countries in Eastern Europe, or other countries on other continents. I assume they just went with the countries where they have the most costumers. I've seen a few fellow Dutchies around here, but I can't imagine we make up a large part of Telltale's consumer base.

I don't agree with the OP. I think it's great that Telltale keeps putting effort in finding out who plays their games, and what they expect from the games. No one is forcing you to answer to their questions. I got a lot of Sam & Max-hints out of them, and that's more than enough for me.

• I think you underestimate the gamerforce in the Benelux.

But just an "other west european countries" option would have been nice.

• My only gripe about it is I can't be more hyper about Season 3 no matter what they said me, so, whathever the slogan they put to me left me equally like the last one. In fact, only Season 3 coming is enough for me! =P

• The slogans seemed to me become more interesting when Sam & Max were mentioned.
    I don' t care about the story, as long as Sam & Max are involved and it is made by Telltale.

• I don't think you have to worry about them turning into a charnel house of quick-cash tie-ins. At the same time they have talked about doing a more "serious" series in the future, and I have a feeling that they were trying to test the waters for that a bit while asking about Sam and Max at the same time. Hopefully this means that Regency video game of manners I've always dreamt about is finally coming true! Jane Austen: Societal Detective!

• @Lena_P said: You're complaining that a survey had too many questions? That's ... that's what a survey is. And no one forced you to take it. I mean that literally; there really is no reason to take it if you don't want to. Yes you'll get a 15% off code somewhere down the line, but if you didn't want to answer a bunch of marketing questions from a game company, don't ... take their survey full of marketing questions.

This is a weird conversation.

Well, there are good surveys and there are bad surveys. Good surveys will not be a chore to take. Bad surveys do. I guess you don't know much about marketing.

• I don't know about you, but "From the outer reaches of the galaxy to the most secret recesses of the mind, the power calls to intergalactic warlords and eldritch gods, under-dwellers and scholars of the arcane" sounded cool to me. "Symphony of Mayhem" barely edged out "Comedy Opera". Also, what do you think they're asking for "New look and styling" for?

• @Rather Dashing said: Also, what do you think they're asking for "New look and styling" for?

Sam now sports a flock of seagulls haircut.
    oh please god someone photoshop this

Add Comment