User Avatar Image

Lechuck? (Possible Spoilers)

posted by prizna on - last edited - Viewed by 249 users

Just a small poll on your ideas of Lechuck in the next Monkey Island game.

42 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • My guess is that LeChuck should undoubtedly return in the next game as the final antagonist (i.e. the guy behind everything, as always), however it should also be revealed that the Voodoo Lady was the one to reanimate him this time and she was actually one of his henchmen or something, since the beginning. I really like Tales' take on that subj and hope to see it in the next game (if there will be one).

I'd also hope De Singe would return, perhaps to help Guybrush this time. However he met a gruesome death back there, so... I guess not.

• I hope that they give LeChuck a rest on the bench for the next game or two just to avoid the series becoming repetitive and stale. A new villain would be nice, for sure, and I hope that Telltale will introduce a unique and cool new character for the next season. I don't think nor want the Voodoo Lady to become the new villain. I stand by my theory that the Voodoo Lady is not evil.

• Oh, they should definitely introduce another villain. I.e. the main one staying LeChuck, and... maybe return Largo LaGrande. Yeah, I haven't thought of it first, returning Largo would be pretty neat, actually.

• Yeah, as nice as it would be to see the tough little runt again, it'd be a lot nicer to see an entirely new character - someone with a pegleg, a giant scar, and a cool hat.

• I think LeChuck is really done for this time, and the Voodoo Lady will be the new villain.

• I would like to see him as the main protagonist, but not revealed to be revived until the end of chapter four. Similair to the Marquis de Singe was thought to be the main eveil character in tales.

• Of course he should be back. MI without LeChuck is like MI without Threepwood.

Also I agree with the statement that doubts the Voodoo Lady is evil (I don't think she is).

• The main antagonist is the fisherman from MI2. He wanted revenge against Guybrush.

• In fact, I think that the Voodoo Lady shouldn't be evil after all (forget what I said earlier). Come to think of it, she might've simply been possessed by LeChuck's voodoo and this is why she wanted to keep his remains at the end of Tales - to find a way to become like LeChuck. She was interested in his powers ever since and was manipulating Guybrush into finding a way to extract them for him, that being her only "evil" side.

But a new villain should definitely resurface, and I kinda don't want him to be a completely new character because I think that we already had enough of them: Ozzie Mandrill, De Singe, etc. I really think it should be Largo LaGrande who returns to kick Guybrush's ass and has finally learned some clever moves this time. I'd also like to see at least one of the three MI2 islands return in an episode.

Then, LeChuck would come back again, at the end, as the final villain. During this time he will elaborate another plan on how to get out and try to kill Guybrush once more. I agree that MI without LeChuck is like Harry Potter movies without Radcliffe.

• @Uzrname said: But a new villain should definitely resurface, and I kinda don't want him to be a completely new character because I think that we already had enough of them: Ozzie Mandrill, De Singe, etc. I really think it should be Largo LaGrande who returns to kick Guybrush's ass and has finally learned some clever moves this time. I'd also like to see at least one of the three MI2 islands return in an episode.

Yeah, but, you see, all of those characters you've listed have been secondary villains - not main ones. I think we need a brand new main villain, instead of just promoting one of LeChuck's sidekicks. Plus, why not another new villain? There's always room in MI to throw more characters into the mix - expand the Monkey Island world even more, I say!

@Uzrname said: Then, LeChuck would come back again, at the end, as the final villain. During this time he will elaborate another plan on how to get out and try to kill Guybrush once more. I agree that MI without LeChuck is like Harry Potter movies without Radcliffe.

I say we should give LeChuck a longer hiatus. I love the guy as a character but I really don't want him, or the storyline, to get stale - which is the way it will become if it's just another LeChuck-tries-to-kill-Guybrush-and-marry-Elaine plot.

@Uzrname said: In fact, I think that the Voodoo Lady shouldn't be evil after all (forget what I said earlier). Come to think of it, she might've simply been possessed by LeChuck's voodoo and this is why she wanted to keep his remains at the end of Tales - to find a way to become like LeChuck. She was interested in his powers ever since and was manipulating Guybrush into finding a way to extract them for him, that being her only "evil" side.

Hey, that a pretty good explanation for the whole "is the voodoo lady evil, or not" thing.

By the way, Daniel Radcliffe wasn't right for the part of Harry Potter.

Add Comment