47 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Chyron8472 said: With sounds? What I did was EXAMINE (use the inventory's magnifying glass with) the Weather Vane. as Guybrush holds it up in the air over his head, you can see two idol faces on it, one of which you haven't used yet.

Also, I don't think it's too easy at all. I think you've just been playing so many adventure games over the years, your mind knows what to look for... so maybe it's easy for you, but I wouldn't say too easy in general.

I explain a few posts later how to do it with sounds.
    t's the kind of things I did without even realising it was meant as a puzzle, but apparently a lot of people had trouble with it.

• @Uzrname said: It's funny because SMI and LCR had the most realistic character close-ups of all, the guy with the scar and the other one with the bumps on his head - how did FCC approve? lol

But today, I look at them and they all look too cartoonish, a guy comes in and says: "You're playing that game? Again? Come on man, snap out of this Shrek stuff!" Is Shrek really just for children?

I haven't seen Shrek, so I don't know if it's for children or for adults. But when it comes to adventure games, I don't see that the main audience are children. Telltale's games like Tales and Sam & Max seem to have some humour which is IMO directed to adult audience, because I certainly wouldn't put sex jokes to children's game.

• @Uzrname said: I bet you were looking for "A taste so stale" for a long time, thou =)

I did, because of Ep4. Because I played them all after each other (bought the season once all episodes where released) I totally remember the convo with the Voodoo Lady about the taste in "feast of the senses".

"You mean like grog?"
    "The total opposite of grog!"

So I spend 30 minutes trying to get more grog from the grog machine, or finding ways to pick up the grog in club 41 thinking that was the sollution, they made it so OBVIOUS in the previous episode.

I was dissapointed by the real sollution :(.

• I think that Tales actually was too easy. The environment should have more details to examine, more items to pick up and more those original puzzles like in MI1 and MI2.

Item combining system in Tales was also horrible. It was so unpractical and slow compared to the item combining systems of MI 1, 2 and 3 for example. And besides, I remember that in the very beginning of ToMI chapter 1 you had to combine something and as I saw the new system I hoped that theres not much items to be combined in the next chapters. Luckily, there were only a few occasions in the whole series.

I hope that they change the backgrounds, inventory and examining controls so, that theres lot more details to be examined, more items to pick up and maybe combine. (but only if they change the system) These improvements would also add a little difficulty to the future Monkey Island games.

• @Olaus Petrus said: I haven't seen Shrek, so I don't know if it's for children or for adults. But when it comes to adventure games, I don't see that the main audience are children. Telltale's games like Tales and Sam & Max seem to have some humour which is IMO directed to adult audience, because I certainly wouldn't put sex jokes to children's game.

Definitely, but many of those who never played it judge the game by its first looks, i.e. animation style. Personally I think that TMI is more of a 14+ game (dunno about Sam&Max), but it's still not the kind of humor you'd find on Adult Swim, for example.

• @Hassat Hunter said: I did, because of Ep4. Because I played them all after each other (bought the season once all episodes where released) I totally remember the convo with the Voodoo Lady about the taste in "feast of the senses".

"You mean like grog?"
    "The total opposite of grog!"

So I spend 30 minutes trying to get more grog from the grog machine, or finding ways to pick up the grog in club 41 thinking that was the sollution, they made it so OBVIOUS in the previous episode.

I was dissapointed by the real sollution :(.

They got me at "shocking taste", after that I was SURE it's some kind of food for thought or something, lol.

• Though the puzzle I really, really liked was the one with the map in p.4 when you had to get to that "?" location. That one was a brain cracker.

Add Comment