User Avatar Image

Leisure Suit Larry + Telltale Games = A lovestory?

posted by Afr0 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.6K users

Damn!

I am now officially really tired of Sierra/Vivendi outsourcing the Leisure Suit Larry license to all kinds of crappy developers who obviously have no idea how to make a proper adventure game, let alone how to make a worthy entry in one of the best Adventure Game series ever!
Last in the line of failures was Team 17, which made Box Office Bust, a game that has received so horrible reviews I haven't even bothered to play it.
Seriously. Some executives should send a delegation from Telltale to Sierra/Vivendi now, hire Al Lowe as a freelance designer and restore the Leisure Suit Larry series to it's former glory!

Go Telltale!

65 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Leisure Suit Larry was never that good in my opinion... and it doesn't seem like a Telltale kind of game to me.

• @Fealiks said: Leisure Suit Larry was never that good in my opinion... and it doesn't seem like a Telltale kind of game to me.

Honestly it's not in a lot of ways. I'm going to throw my two cents in and say this.

Leisure suit larry is an adult game, and as much as I love telltale. I don't know if they could pull it off, and I only say this because of the past attempts at making leisure suit larry. Magna Cum Laude and Box office bust, are the worst games in the series, if telltale could pull of leisure suit larry I welcome them too.

• I dont know why I could picture Telltale doing Larry, I mean I like the idea of telltale games doing it. But...I'll only pay my money for it if its going to be made for Wii, and most importantly...if al's in charge of the game.

• User Avatar Image
    jmm

IF a LSL game is made, by Telltale or else, Al should be at least a consultant (a writer/designer would be preferred)

• @Chyron8472 said: and don't give LucasArts too much props. They did drop Sam & Max: Freelance Police before finishing it.

I was talking about their old adventure games, not their business decisions, which are made by totally different people.

• [quote]IF a LSL game is made, by Telltale or else, Al should be at least a consultant (a writer/designer would be preferred) [/quote]

I agree. Or at least someone as talented as Al should be in charge. Someone who really is passionate about the series and understands the universe. Clearly, the people involved in Box Office Bust and Magna Cum Laude didn't.

• @Afr0 said: I agree. Or at least someone as talented as Al should be in charge. Someone who really is passionate about the series and understands the universe. Clearly, the people involved in Box Office Bust and Magna Cum Laude didn't.

"Uh... It's got dirty humor and boobs, right? Also, there's a guy named Larry" is probably how the production teams of the new games see the old games.

• Let me go on record and say that if TellTale did make a new Leisure Suit Larry, it would be the first game of theirs that I never even tried. Just saying.

• @HumpsMcLovin said: Let me go on record and say that if TellTale did make a new Leisure Suit Larry, it would be the first game of theirs that I never even tried. Just saying.

There's irony above somewhere... :D

• I would love Telltale to make a new Leisure Suit Larry! I feel that they have the power to restore Larry to it's former glory! I know it's hard to imagine right now, but there was a time when Leisure Suit Larry's name was up there with Guybrush Threepwood's.
    They would indeed have to get Al Lowe involved. He's the main man for the series, plus I'd like to see him work again, he just feels so rejected now...
    And get Jan Rabson back!

Add Comment