User Avatar Image

How can we get MORE M rated Wii video games?

posted by Darkblader on - last edited - Viewed by 832 users

I am pretty sure that there are a few fellow Wii gamers on here. So I will ask each and every one of you this. Are u sick and tired of people bragging their lungs off about the Wii being a kids thing? I know I am...So I personally think there should be more M rated games for the Wii.

The only ones that I know are good are Madworld and No more Heroes. But the grinder looks like a fun FPS. So how can we get more M rated Wii video games?

71 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Techinically speaking, the wii is more for kids and familys, M rated games I am sure isnt kid friendly(come on kids it's time to stab people and hijack cars in the family friendly grand theft auto:D)

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

Do you want more M-rated Wii games because you want to play games with a particular type of content / subject matter, or because you hope it would change the perception of the Wii being a "kids' thing"? From your post it appears to be the latter, which seems a little misguided to me.

The lines between children's entertainment and adults' entertainment are very indistinct these days - for example, it's perfectly socially acceptable for an adult to see the Disney/Pixar movie "Up" without taking a child along too.

In general, I wouldn't let my enjoyment of something be tarnished by other people saying it's not "adult" enough for my age group.

• @puzzlebox said: Do you want more M-rated Wii games because you want to play games with a particular type of content / subject matter, or because you hope it would change the perception of the Wii being a "kids' thing"? From your post it appears to be the latter, which seems a little misguided to me.

The lines between children's entertainment and adults' entertainment are very indistinct these days - for example, it's perfectly socially acceptable for an adult to see the Disney/Pixar movie "Up" without taking a child along too.

In general, I wouldn't let my enjoyment of something be tarnished by other people saying it's not "adult" enough for my age group.

That is true, I enjoy all types of games, a rating is just something for parents to help by their kids games, as for me. If I like the description of the game, I'll buy it no matter what the rating.

• I wouldn't mind some M-rated games as long as they're actual good games with a reason to be M-rated and not there for the sake of trying to look more adult. I miss the good ol' days of N64 where we had fun things like Conker's Bad Fur Day.

• I loved Conker, then I went to a level that was all fart noises and I was like "Whaaaaaaat"

• @nikasaur said: I loved Conker, then I went to a level that was all fart noises and I was like "Whaaaaaaat"

Oh, those were the days...I miss you Conker... That whole game is all like Wat?

But it is still a classic in my opinion.

• I think what the Wii needs is more quality games in general.

My wii hasn't been turned on in over a year. =[

• @nikasaur said: I loved Conker, then I went to a level that was all fart noises and I was like "Whaaaaaaat"

I was 12 at the time I played it (please don't arrest me) so I guess I was more immune to bad potty humor. Worth it for the Sloprano chapter though!

• Most 'mature' games these days are more childish than so-called 'kids' games.

A good game is a good game regardless of what rating it gets, and the Wii needs more good games.

• @Darkblader said:
    So how can we get more M rated Wii video games?

Simple, get people to buy them. Though I believe that this boat has sailed for the Wii, with games such as No more heroes, Mad world, et al selling very few copies, therefore the likelihood of similar style games is quite low. At this point in the current generation the consoles identities have been cemented, with the 360 and the PS3 being the go to consoles for M rated games, and the Wii has a much larger casual audience.

Add Comment