User Avatar Image

Futurama Thread

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 2.6K users

This year, on the 10th of June, the first episode of Futurama season 6 will go to air :)! This will be the first official Futurama episode (excluding the feature length films) since 2003; 7 years (for those who can't count)! It's fittingly called "Rebirth", and will be the first of the 13 episodes in season 6, and then a season 7 is also planned - we'll be having a total 26 new episodes! The whole original voice-acting cast is back and Matt Groening and David X. Cohen are still heading the team and writing episodes!

Now, I've known about this for quite a while now - as I'm sure most of you have as well - but actually getting an official release date and episode title just makes it seem that much more real and make me, personally, that much more excited. So how about you? Are you excited about the television return of Futurama? Or are you worried that it may be a failure and forever tarnish your opinion of Futurama? Will the episodes live up to the old ones? And how did you think the feature length films fared against the classic episodes?

Opinions and speculation please.

124 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Ray-The-Sun said: Unless they're uploaded on Youtube, I still wouldn't be able to watch 'em. I can't use services such as Hulu (Whatever the crap THAT is)

Hulu is a service that was created via an amalgamation of a few different networks, to legally stream episodes of shows. Fueled by advertising, new episodes of new shows are on there generally for a week or two.

You could always buy it? :D

• @Ray-The-Sun said: Unless they're uploaded on Youtube, I still wouldn't be able to watch 'em. I can't use services such as Hulu (Whatever the crap THAT is)

Try jogyjogy.com - it's great for watching tv shows on as they don't get removed due to copyright as they do on youtube. It's just too bad that it's not that widely known, so you might not always find the show you're looking for.

• @Rather Dashing said: Hulu is a service that was created via an amalgamation of a few different networks, to legally stream episodes of shows. Fueled by advertising, new episodes of new shows are on there generally for a week or two.

It's not available in the UK.

• @Butterscotch-Biros said: It's not available in the UK.

That was an answer to "(Whatever the crap THAT is)". I know it's not available in the UK.

They do sell and rent the DVDs in the UK though, don't they?

• You know, i have still to see the futurama 'movies', despite being a huge fan. Odd.

• @Friar said: You know, i have still to see the futurama 'movies', despite being a huge fan. Odd.

Arh, what!? You gotta watch them before the TV premier of "Rebirth", though. The ending of "Into the Wild Green Yonder" ties in with the beginning of "Rebirth". And, you should just watch 'em anyway 'cos they're... awesome! :)

• Not long now, guys! Just 10 days until 'Rebirth', so why not discuss while we count down?

Edit: Here's the other thread, if you'd like to discuss there as well.

• @Hayden said: Not long now, guys! Just 10 days until 'Rebirth', so why not discuss while we count down?

Edit: Here's the other thread, if you'd like to discuss there as well.

And how, pray tell, do you plan to watch it? I doubt it will show in Australia on the first day, even on Foxtel.

• @The Highway said: And how, pray tell, do you plan to watch it? I doubt it will show in Australia on the first day, even on Foxtel.

The internet my friend. Within a matter of hours, I'm sure it will be available off illegal download sites and streaming on several websites.

Add Comment