User Avatar Image

How to get the damn dog

posted by hamzie on - last edited - Viewed by 724 users

Im sure it has something to do with a bone being the place that it is
Just cannot figure it out...
Just looking for a hint at this stage
thanks

19 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Ayiko said: Finding the bone was easy. But it took me 45 minutes and setting hints higher to find the damn dog. From starting location it looks like you can only go right, left is blocked by the gate and if you move a bit to the right then down is blocked too.

This is exactly what happened to me, it's the only part I got stuck on. I felt pretty stupid.

• @Hee Ho Ho said: i'll tell you what's really frustrating THIS IS REALLY NEAR THE END SO DON'T READ - I.E. SPOILER

I was playing the game on my pc (dark monitor) and right near the end where there is a feather near the bird, I couldn't see it so i read the walkthrough and then i looked hard and just about saw it. also i found a glitch later on but i loaded the game and it worked like it should have done.

Yeah, I had the same problem. Thought that I needed a feather from the 'gull but never saw it. All five episodes have been very dark on my pc.

• @Hee Ho Ho said: i just naturally found the bone and easily used it on the dog, i just couldn't understand why gabel didn't want his dog back, i was pretty sure he lost it.:)

Because it is stated later on that he lies a lot.

• @pbmichael said: Yeah, I had the same problem. Thought that I needed a feather from the 'gull but never saw it. All five episodes have been very dark on my pc.

Can't you just adjust the brightness/contrast settings on your monitor?

I played it through my TV so it was plenty bright enough for me.

• @pbmichael said: Yeah, I had the same problem. Thought that I needed a feather from the 'gull but never saw it. All five episodes have been very dark on my pc.

I saw the feather pretty much straight away. I think you need to adjust your brightness settings.

• I didn't see the feather at the first sight because I thought it was a background element rather than an actual item, but the actual puzzle was screaming like "it has something to do with that dead seagull!", so after some eye wandering it wasn't that hard to spot, even with a low brightness setting.

• @Friar said: I saw the feather pretty much straight away. I think you need to adjust your brightness settings.

i don't think it actually matters because on the pc, it is just naturally dark and you can't get it perfect (my pc). However, my laptop has great natural colours and bright but not too bright, contrast is perfect too!

• @Ayiko said: Finding the bone was easy. But it took me 45 minutes and setting hints higher to find the damn dog. From starting location it looks like you can only go right, left is blocked by the gate and if you move a bit to the right then down is blocked too.

Exactly the same here! I was stuck for ages - and when a hint told me that "maybe the dog could help", I was confused because I had not seen any dog. The hint was told when I was in the treasure hunt area - so I thought maybe Guybrush was referring to the treasure-hunt pirate as a dog - as in "you old sea dog"!

It was only later that I realised it was possible to return to your starting location by going South into the graveyard. Not obvious at all.

• It was to me. I forcefully tried to get the dog drunk on Grog for like 10 minutes, and "befriend" it like that until I finally figured out what to use the dirt for :D.

• I used the dirt right away, but used the money to buy grog rather than get change.
    Then I thought I had no dirt left and wanted to go get some more, and spent a while trying to get back there. I ended up figuring you couldn't, thought I was stuck, tried again and finally managed to go back there.

Anyway, as a result I didn't have any trouble finding the dog. But I agree it's not obvious you can go back there.

Add Comment