User Avatar Image

Urgent MI 2 question

posted by Otis on - last edited - Viewed by 451 users

Please get rid of this thread, if necessary, after I have got an answer. Thank you.

So Ive got the Monkey Island Trilogy pack, which contains the Monkey Island Madness CD featuring SoMI and MI 2. Does anyone know, for sure, if the MI 2 in that CD is the easier version, or the hard version?

I have only played the MI 2 from the Monkey Madness CD and it doesnt have an option to change the difficulty. However Ive heard that there are two difficulty settings in MI 2 in some versions. So I would like to know if I have always played the easy or the hard version.

I repeat I play it from the Monkey Island Trilogy box Monkey Madness CD. Thank you and sorry.

44 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @StarEye said: It WOULD be interesting to see a realtime daytime/nighttime cycle like in the GTA games and many others, in a Monkey Island. But if some puzzles are only solvable at nighttime (or daytime), I'd want a "wait" command, like the one in Shenmue.

lol Yeah.
    And then you'd want TTG to create WoW-like locations that Guybrush runs through and the sun/moon lighting changes too.

• Maybe Scabb Island is north of the northern polar circle or south of the southern polar circle and it's winter.

• @apenpaap said: Maybe Scabb Island is north of the northern polar circle or south of the southern polar circle and it's winter.

Or maybe Guybrush is unlucky enough to always arrive there at nighttime - if you're taking the travel distance and speed into account, I'm fairly certain that the sailing between the islands can take at least a few days.

• @StarEye said: Or maybe Guybrush is unlucky enough to always arrive there at nighttime - if you're taking the travel distance and speed into account, I'm fairly certain that the sailing between the islands can take at least a few days.

Well they should have made it real-time then!

• @apenpaap said: Maybe Scabb Island is north of the northern polar circle or south of the southern polar circle and it's winter.

Maybe the ceiling's just painted black.

• Or you can just chalk it up to a voodoo curse.

• There is absolutely nothing urgent about your MI 2 question.

• @StarEye said: Or maybe Guybrush is unlucky enough to always arrive there at nighttime - if you're taking the travel distance and speed into account, I'm fairly certain that the sailing between the islands can take at least a few days.

I always assumed something like that. And to be honest it's good solution for artistic reasons that there's always night at the Scabb Island. IMHO places like graveyard and swamp would lose a lot of their atmosphere if Guybrush would visit there in the broad daylight.

Besides time is bit different in the Tri-Island Area. For example it seems that it's always 10 PM in Mêlée Island. :D

• @TheMandingo said: There is absolutely nothing urgent about your MI 2 question.

And how do YOU know that? I had lured my buddy to playing MI games and he was just about to start MI 2 ( I thought he might have already started ) and I didnt want him to play a different version to what i had played, so that we could share our experiences and that if he needed any help, I would have known how to help him out. And besides, if the easy version removes much of the puzzles goodness, I certainly wouldnt have wanted him to start that one.

I think every new fan to the series nowadays is worth one "urgent" question in the forums ;D

• @Jake said: Maybe the ceiling's just painted black.

In the great city of Rapture, it is always night. So long as the Parasite has his way, the city will never see daylight again.

Add Comment