User Avatar Image

St. Valentine others love to celebrate it others hate. What are your plans?

posted by Everlast on - last edited - Viewed by 344 users

Well im out of money but i have a relationship w/ my girlfriend for 6 yrs. We plan to hang out and maybe go eat or sightseeing, or maybe go to the beach (Where i live the temperature is 80 to 90 degrees F).

But i was wondering what you guys plan out on doing in St. Valentines and if smeone will reveal their love to someone.

89 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • You know, it's weird. When I was single, I was always happy to see couples holding hands, or kissing, or anything. It has never bothered me at all, it made me feel a bit better, actually, when I was down and stuff. Warmed up my heart, I was all "awww", that kind of stuff.
    I don't get how it could upset anyone to see that other people are happy :confused: Would be much worse if they were not.

This being said, V-Day is the day to stay home as far as I'm concerned. Cancel all the plans you had, your favourite restaurant will be packed, your favourite park will be full, your favourite street will be crowded. It's definitely better to spend the day home, be it yours or a friend's.

• I only know that I know at least three guys and two girls who complain about it for the reasons I mentioned. When you put it that way, it seems really selfish though.

• I am going to sit at home. Alone. At talk to other people on TTG who are enjoy the serenity of pleasant loneliness also.

• @Secret Fawful said: When you put it that way, it seems really selfish though.

I wasn't trying to tell anyone they were selfish. I just don't understand the feeling. I guess I'm just lucky that I never felt that way, since it can't be a nice feeling.

Tom> Can I hope to see you on wave? Eating sushi isn't going to take ALL of my day.

• I'm going to stay at home and eat ice cream by the gallons while watching reruns of Sex and the City, lamenting that I'm still single.

Actually, as it turns out, my cousin was born on Valentine's Day, so I'm going to a birthday party at a park. She turns 13 this year (THE AGE OF DEATH) so I get to be around awkward teens, hooray!

• @avistew said: I don't get how it could upset anyone to see that other people are happy :confused: Would be much worse if they were not.

Seeing happy people make me depressed, seeing depressed people makes me happier.

Does that make me twisted?

• I dislike valentines day because I have no idea where romance came into the story of St. Valentine.

plus I have never had a girlfriend on valentines day. it's too comercial now anyway

• I'm just going to ignore it, like I always do.

• @Hassat Hunter said: Seeing happy people make me depressed, seeing depressed people makes me happier.

Does that make me twisted?

I dunno. It's not like you try to make people depressed for your own enjoyment. Hopefully.
    If you can't be happy without seeing other people unhappy, or if when you're happy seeing that other people are happy too takes away from your enjoyment, then... Yeah, maybe you have a problem there.

Otherwise, it just sucks to be you I guess.

• @avistew said:
    I don't get how it could upset anyone to see that other people are happy :confused: Would be much worse if they were not.

Well, it does not upset me to see others being happy, either. I take pleasure in seeing others having fun together. Yet I always get a bad feeling seeing couples kissing. It's like a cold chain of envy that closes around my heart, strangling it - making me realise I never felt that kind of love and making me fear I never will.

Add Comment