User Avatar Image

Monkey Island Movie - Who would YOU cast?

posted by Silverwolfpet on - last edited - Viewed by 4K users

Hey guys!

I figured out another fun little thing to do while we wait for the first episode. If there ever will be a Monkey Islandmovie, who would you cast as Guybrush, Elaine, LeChuck, Voodoo Lady, Stan, Murray etc etc. ?
Just write below something like this.
My Cast:
Guybrush - ?
Elaine - ?
LeChuck - ?
Stan - Jim Carrey
Voodoo Lady - Whoopee Goldberg
Murray - Christopher Lloyd :p
and continue the list

129 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Ashton said: The sad part is that, despite you saying this as a joke, your probably 100% correct...

I know... Now I got to go cry in the corner... DX

• what irritating bitch would you get to play Morgan? worst character ever btw

• @The Highway said: ^this. Is. Genius.

Billy Connolly as LeChuck is interesting, because when Bill Nighy played Davy Jones (probably based on LeChuck), he used an accent that reminded me quite a bit of Billy Connolly. It even had that kind of nasally tone to it.

@The Highway said: Aww thanks Fealiks. And I knew I was saying Shannyn's name wrong somehow... as for Kate Voegele, she plays Mia on One Tree Hill. She's got the look, plus her voice is a lot like Morgan's. Here's a photo of her:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_CZ152YVVbDE/SK0FYndoQ-I/AAAAAAAACMA/_HT8keuP-IY/s320/KateVoegele.jpg

I thought of something else... I don't know his real name, but Hagrid (Harry Potter) would make a good LeChuck... or Haggis. Either one would be pretty awesome.

I just looked it up, his name is Robbit Coltrane... also, he's Scottish apparently, so he'd make a perfect Haggis :D

@The Highway said: what irritating bitch would you get to play Morgan? worst character ever btw

@The Highway said: russell crowe?

Frankly, I don't think Russell Crowe's got the hips to play Morgan. Sure, he has the full lips and sexy voice, but he just doesn't feel right to me.

• Thanks Ashton... I now carry this horrid image in my head of our beloved Elaine played by that little Hannah/Miley brat... dressed in a bandana and tights, prancing about the ship singing "7 things I hate about Lechuck"

*falls down dead from the horror*

I just looked it up, his name is Robbit Coltrane... also, he's Scottish apparently, so he'd make a perfect Haggis

Thanks for looking that up!

• Guybrush: Michael Cera
    Elaine: Keira Knightley
    LeChuck: Tim Curry or Christopher Lee
    Voodoo Lady: Whoopi Goldberg
    Morgan LeFlay: Amanda Bynes
    Carla: Halle Berry
    Otis: Norm MacDonald
    Meathook: Russell Crowe
    Captain Smirk: Robert DeNiro or Christopher Walken
    Stan: Dan Aykroyd
    Herman Toothrot: Christopher Lloyd
    Largo: Verne Troyer
    Wally: Rick Moranis
    Captain Dread: Dave Chappelle or Chris Rock
    Murray: Voice of Denny Delk
    Haggis MacMutton: Robin Williams
    Edward Van Helgen: Johnny Depp
    Cutthroat Bill: Christian Bale
    Palido Domingo: Cheech Marin
    King Andre: Samuel L. Jackson
    Captain Rene Rottingham: Jean Reno
    Griswold Goodsoup: Christopher Lee
    Ozzie Mandrill: Russell Crowe
    Ignatius Cheese: Harvey Fierstein

• @mlrockrules said: Guybrush: Michael Cera
    Elaine: Keira Knightley
    LeChuck: Tim Curry or Christopher Lee
    Voodoo Lady: Whoopi Goldberg
    Morgan LeFlay: Amanda Bynes
    Carla: Halle Berry
    Otis: Norm MacDonald
    Meathook: Russell Crowe
    Captain Smirk: Robert DeNiro or Christopher Walken
    Stan: Dan Aykroyd
    Herman Toothrot: Christopher Lloyd
    Largo: Verne Troyer
    Wally: Rick Moranis
    Captain Dread: Dave Chappelle or Chris Rock
    Murray: Voice of Denny Delk
    Haggis MacMutton: Robin Williams
    Edward Van Helgen: Johnny Depp
    Cutthroat Bill: Christian Bale
    Palido Domingo: Cheech Marin
    King Andre: Samuel L. Jackson
    Captain Rene Rottingham: Jean Reno
    Griswold Goodsoup: Christopher Lee
    Ozzie Mandrill: Russell Crowe
    Ignatius Cheese: Harvey Fierstein

Great ideas, but (no offense) the idea of Michael Cera playing Guybrush makes me shudder... because he wouldn't play Guybrush... he'd play the same character he plays in every other movie. It would be like if Kristen Stewart tried to be Elaine.

• @Shainagirl said: Great ideas, but (no offense) the idea of Michael Cera playing Guybrush makes me shudder... because he wouldn't play Guybrush... he'd play the same character he plays in every other movie. It would be like if Kristen Stewart tried to be Elaine.

The idea of him playing any character in any movie makes me shudder. The success he's been experiencing is even more baffling than Shia LaBeouf.

• Mila Kunis as Kate Capsize! Also, I think it would be pretty funny if Gilbert Gottfried was one of the cannibals.

• Oh, and Jerry Stiller and Doris Roberts as Guybrush's parents would be pretty funny.

Add Comment