User Avatar Image

Next Monkey Island should be made by

posted by thin029 on - last edited - Viewed by 693 users

Telltale or LucasArts?
LucasArts for me, since Telltale's limited episode system means less scenarios and not-so-good soundtrack. (and sound quality)

78 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • You all have to admit Lucre Island alone (EFMI) had more screens and better background music than the entire Tales thing.
    I'm not saying Telltage artists can't do it, I'm saying telltale episodic system and fast-devoloping method probably can't allow them

• Also, I'd like to remind everyone that LucasArts fired its whole adventure game team, many of whom founded or were hired by Telltale. We've never seen anything like a point and click adventure from today's LucasArts, so there's nothing that can be said about them, good or bad. At this point, Telltale is the only one of the two companies who has shown what sort of Monkey Island game they're capable of producing. Saying LucasArts should do it is basically taking a shot in the dark with no way of knowing what you can expect them to produce.

• I think the problem is, that Telltale has not so much budget than Lucas Arts. I think the best thing could be, if Lucas Arts gives 60 Million Dollars to Telltale, for developing the next Game. :rolleyes:

• @thin029 said: You all have to admit Lucre Island alone (EFMI) had more screens and better background music than the entire Tales thing.

Yes, Lucre had some pretty good background music and was big, but it also had highly illogical annoying puzzles. It also didn't feel remotely as piratey and adventurous as even chapter 1 of Tales. Still, IMO the first two chapters of Escape are OK, and pretty enjoyable.

• @Spooky666 said: I think the problem is, that Telltale has not so much budget than Lucas Arts. I think the best thing could be, if Lucas Arts gives 60 Million Dollars to Telltale, for developing the next Game. :rolleyes:

Okay, explain me what's the difference between LA spending X on MI, or LA spending X on MI, but through TTG. Where does the money evaporate in situation #2 that would remain in option #1, as you state would happen?

• I would rather give my money to Telltale to fund their projects, AND get another wonderful Monkey Island game out of it, then to give my money to LucasArts to fund more Star Wars games.

• The difference is: Also, I'd like to remind everyone that LucasArts fired its whole adventure game team, many of whom founded or were hired by Telltale.

TellTale should make the better MI-Game. But they should make it even more better with LA's money. ;)

So they could leave this fast episodic production behind

But LA would not do this.

• Right. Probably mis-interpretated your post.

But yeah, that would be nice. Although I assume the more money LA pumps into it, the more they need back too, meaning they might get a bigger cut of MI sales, which would be worse for TTG.

Bloody finances! :(

• I think Michael Land is very talented.

I also think the soundtrack is great, just...out of character for a MI game. The song that especially loses me is the one that's played at the Merfolk home in Episode 2 (and a couple other scenes later on). It's great game music but so out of character for the series. The songs in Ep 3 were great (especially the Manatee's mouth and as Guybrush dives) and one of the reasons that's my favorite episode of the series.

• @Hassat Hunter said: Okay, explain me what's the difference between LA spending X on MI, or LA spending X on MI, but through TTG. Where does the money evaporate in situation #2 that would remain in option #1, as you state would happen?

What? This thread is nonsense. It's like reading this post on some car site:

"hey it would be cool if gm gave lamborgeeni a bunch of money so they could beuild and awesome car and then it could be electic because they would have so much money to work on the car. all you need to beuild a good car is lots of money so it would be aawesome did you see that episode of the simpsons lol"

Add Comment