User Avatar Image

Next Monkey Island should be made by

posted by thin029 on - last edited - Viewed by 593 users

Telltale or LucasArts?
LucasArts for me, since Telltale's limited episode system means less scenarios and not-so-good soundtrack. (and sound quality)

78 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Chyron8472 said:
    and how about the most addictive song in the universe: A Pirate I was meant to be!

I feel cheated: this song doesn't exist in the French version! I looked it up, wondering how I could have missed it considering how many times I've played Curse, and it turns out it was just edited out because it was too hard to translate.
    Now I have to play the game in English and see if there are other things I missed :S

• @avistew said: I feel cheated: this song doesn't exist in the French version! I looked it up, wondering how I could have missed it considering how many times I've played Curse, and it turns out it was just edited out because it was too hard to translate.
    Now I have to play the game in English and see if there are other things I missed :S

How in the world did they edit that out? You can't just esc it to the insult swordfighting, as far as I remember. In the English version, that is.

• @Uzrname said: How in the world did they edit that out? You can't just esc it to the insult swordfighting, as far as I remember. In the English version, that is.

It was removed from the game altogether. I don't know how they did it, but it just doesn't appear at all.
    Since I don't know exactly WHEN it occurs in the original game I can't be more specific...

• maybe this will help to place it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-9my0tsutw

The song starts at 2:50. Just watch the whole thing.

• Thanks!
    The cutscene is the same until "thanks a lot, guys", then you're in control of Guybrush again, either with everyone looking at the map, or in the "over the boat" view, I'm not 100% sure.

(It's a catchy tune!)

EDIT: well, I found a French video, but they inserted the song in it, so it's not that helpful. Well, whatever is in English isn't in the game in French http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt4VVtgcGh0&feature=related
    Seems that you end up directly in the "view from over the boat".

• @MacGyver12345 said: i think lucasarts should make a monkey 2 special edition

like they did with the first and release them both on a dvd

I would also want to see this happen. Wouldnt it be great to have those games also on your shelves!

And, EMI really wasnt THAT bad. And if someone is going to say it was, it was made by LA so it was rubbish, I think they should remind themselves about who made the 3 first games hmmm??

Anyways, as it seems that there are people who worked on previous MI games (including EMI) working for TTG now, i think it would be alright for them to make it. The old LA MI department practically is the new TTG MI department.

• @avistew said: I feel cheated: this song doesn't exist in the French version! I looked it up, wondering how I could have missed it considering how many times I've played Curse, and it turns out it was just edited out because it was too hard to translate.

I suppose they cut it off because there was no soundtrack file for them (instrumental track) to sing upon.
    By the way, playing the game in its original language can’t be a bad thing, because even if CoMI’s french dubbing (with french Disney’s Aladdin voice actor) is great, you’ll never beat the original voice acting :)

• @Ash735 said: I would like however if Telltale could continue the series, but get to use LucasArts sound studios for vocal recording and scoring.

You just proved my point again

@Ash735 said: Once again, I don't think you can compare them as in EMI screens were actually 2D, (blah) Tales has a complete 3D environment

Who cares they were 2D, Tales just NEEDS more screens, 3D or not

• @thin029 said: You just proved my point again

I mean however stick with the same people, NOT use the LucasArts composers, stick with Micheal Land but give him access to the LucasArts studios as he proved how amazing he can be with Curse and Escape.

• That's what I was trying to say, but you gaiz just hate on me and say I'm the troll

Add Comment