User Avatar Image

you guys know Voodoo Lady Tarrot cards wouldn't work, right?

posted by Remolay on - last edited - Viewed by 548 users

The voodoo ladys tarrot cards include no real cards.

There is no Curse or Journey card.
the closest thing to Journey is The Fool.

and if it were all real cards it wouldn't work because Everyone would have the same deck of tarrot cards. Yorur deck is supposed to be unique. reflect you. Like my deck of actual tarrot cards is full of cats, I am a cat person

30 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • no I meant there is no curse or journey card in real life. those were made up for the game.

• @Remolay said: no I meant there is no curse or journey card in real life. those were made up for the game.

Ah, that does make more sense. Not big on tarot, obviously.

What would be wrong with having a couple erroneous, non-standard cards? Just take them out for divination purposes.

• @Rather Dashing said: Ah, that does make more sense. Not big on tarot, obviously.

What would be wrong with having a couple erroneous, non-standard cards? Just take them out for divination purposes.

Also, having it not be a standard tarot deck would emphasise it's a Monkey Island tarot deck, making it extra special.

• so keep them in to look cool, but if you are doing an actual reading take them out?

that makes sense. I'm not surprised I didn't think of that though

• As has been said if the cards have the trump card numbers on they are valid Tarot cards no question about it just because the images have become standardised in the last ~200 years on the marseille deck does not make other decks that use other images any less valid.

The 'revised tarot deck' is just that an edited and changed deck made to suit the stance of Jean-Baptiste Alliette the man who popularised divination using them. So yeah the image and name of the card is unimportant aslong as your understanding of each card is firmly set in your head :rolleyes:

• I like the fact that they brought up three real major arcana cards in the game (The Lovers, Justice, and Death), but I also liked the fact that they made up some cards instead of using cards that wouldn't really fit. The only reason why I would want the Voodoo Lady's deck is because its awesome and the art's pretty.

• @Olaus Petrus said: I wonder what kind of person I am, because I have tarot deck with medieval themed erotic drawings, which I bought from Roman toystore (I still keep wondering why they have tarot decks with adult illustrations in a toystore). :D

Possibly for the same reason that stores put pole dancing kits for 8-year olds in the toy sections occasionally. =)

• @Ripcord said: Possibly for the same reason that stores put pole dancing kits for 8-year olds in the toy sections occasionally. =)

Because they trust that parents will keep an eye on their children :D

Yeah.

• @Remolay said: now as for making the real tarot card, I dont like the whole playing cards thing. they were always used for the divination type thing

No, there are no records of the Tarot being used for divination until the 18th century, and by that time it'd been in use for games for centuries. I believe that one of the people who popularised it at the time claimed that occult Tarot went back to Ancient Egypt, but there's no evidence of that, and plenty of evidence against it.

• @Remolay said: The voodoo ladys tarrot cards include no real cards.

There is no Curse or Journey card.
    the closest thing to Journey is The Fool.

and if it were all real cards it wouldn't work because Everyone would have the same deck of tarrot cards. Yorur deck is supposed to be unique. reflect you. Like my deck of actual tarrot cards is full of cats, I am a cat person

This just in!

Fantasy games takes liberties with established physics!

News at 11!

Add Comment