User Avatar Image

The game on disk

posted by Moody Blue on - last edited - Viewed by 372 users

I'm from the UK, will the disk still get posted to me and if so when?

74 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @GuruGuru214 said: Pff, you amateurs with your Photoshop. THIS is how you do a mock up!

DSC02916.jpgDSC02917.jpg

Best..... Mock up .......... Ever.:guybrush:

• Where can we get one of them thar maps? That's a great idea.

• I'm really hoping they go back to disc authentication and actually have the video content accessible from a DVD player. These two missing features killed the W+G DVD in my opinion.

• @jweir said: I'm really hoping they go back to disc authentication and actually have the video content accessible from a DVD player. These two missing features killed the W+G DVD in my opinion.

Which 2 missing features?

• @Chyron8472 said: Which 2 missing features?

Disc authentification (rather than online activation) and being able to read video content on a DVD player.

• Meh. doesn't disc authentication mean that you'd have to keep the disc in the drive to play the game? I hate that. Give me a no-cd version any day.

Also, imo having content readable on a dvd player might be a perk but is unnecessary. Getting cutscene commentaries and stuff, sure, but idc if I have to view it on my computer.

• I appreciate a no-disc version any day, but that's what the downloads are for. What's the point in requesting the disc version when it's essentially just the downloaded versions? I understand there are extras, but it seems cheaply done with just dropping a folder on with them, as compared to the other discs I've gotten from Telltale. At this point, if this is how they are going, I wish they'd just offer a download of an .iso file. I don't want to pay money (granted it's only shipping, but it's still money) for something I could easily just make myself.

• @Chyron8472 said: Meh. doesn't disc authentication mean that you'd have to keep the disc in the drive to play the game? I hate that. Give me a no-cd version any day.

Also, imo having content readable on a dvd player might be a perk but is unnecessary. Getting cutscene commentaries and stuff, sure, but idc if I have to view it on my computer.

And some people prefer both the other way. Should they just be damned just because you didn't find it necessary?

In any way, if the wishes of said others are forfilled, you still got what you wanted too, because you can get the no-CD version (downloads), and can just put the DVD disk in your PC player. I am sure it got a DVD-movie program, no?

• @Hassat Hunter said: And some people prefer both the other way. Should they just be damned just because you didn't find it necessary?

In any way, if the wishes of said others are forfilled, you still got what you wanted too, because you can get the no-CD version (downloads), and can just put the DVD disk in your PC player. I am sure it got a DVD-movie program, no?

True. My only thought regarding DVD-Player content was that perhaps it uses an older form of file compression thereby taking up more room on the disc so as to hold less content. But, if you're saying that you figure they'd leave it off altogether rather than replace it with more content that, having a higher file compression, would allow for more stuff even though you'd require a computer to view it... well I don't think I like that idea at all. =\

Add Comment