User Avatar Image

Now that we know the end of TMI, what's in store for MI6 (your ideas)

posted by DeLuca on - last edited - Viewed by 484 users

Okay, the assumptions (I know there are no facts to back this up) of this thread is that TTG will make another MI that takes place after TMI, and that Guybrush will be our main character.

What do you think/want to happen?!

47 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think the Voodoo Lady will be the great villain, using LeChuck's remains for some kinky voodoo ceremony that will make her really powerful. I think Morgan returns as a ghost pirate hunter, but will probably be able to touch stuff because like LeChuck the Voodoo Lady brought her back and not a voodoolicenceless pirate. I think Guybrush, Elaine, and Winslow will have some piraty adventures until they find out what the Voodoo Lady is doing, at which point Elaine will go into "I told you so"-mode.

• Well, the idea left hanging at the end of TOMI is that Guybrush and LeChuck have some sort of common destiny that goes beyond the surface motivations of Elaine and piracy. It's suggested that the Voodoo Lady has some sort of "outcome" in mind. Elaine believes Guybrush has "broken free" of this destiny -- but what IS that destiny supposed to be? HAS he broken free? And is that a GOOD thing, or does it spell doom for everyone? Heady stuff, I suppose ... but TOMI demonstrated how to strike a good balance with humor and the patented MI style.

• Three words: ZOMBIE. MORGAN. LEFLAY. Because unless she's a ghost like LeChuck was, she won't be able to do much in the physical world.

• I still doubt the Voodoo Lady is "evil", more the balance-keeper, prefering the good (Guybrush), but knowing evil (LeChuck) is needed to keep the balance, and thus cannot be vanquished forever.

She might try to end the cycle, it goes horribly wrong... chaos ensues... SEASON 2!
    (well, that's just my speculation)

• @Jen Kollic said: Three words: ZOMBIE. MORGAN. LEFLAY. Because unless she's a ghost like LeChuck was, she won't be able to do much in the physical world.

I'm thinking that the voodoo lady made arrangements for that when she let her back into the physical world. Besides, I don't like the thought of Morgan's half-decomposed body.

• I'd like to see an encounter between the Voodoo Lady and Elaine. After TMI, I had the feeling that there's some sort of unsaid tension between those two, with Elaine not trusting in the ways of Voodoo, therefore trying to keep Guybrush away from it, hence jeopardizing the Voodoo Lady's long term plans with Guybrush and LeChuck. Maybe Elaine and the VL even have a common past to some extent. And IF she's behind everything, than Elaine has a good reason to be mad at her because VL is responsible for LeChuck's obsession with Elaine.

• I'd revolve the story around Elaine. Dominic Armato once said that Elaine's always had Guybrush's love by default, and that he'd like to see her earn it. I love Elaine - she kicks substantial amounts of ass, especially in TMI04+05 - but the next story should try and explore her a little, maybe even shed a bit of light on her actions in TMI.

I get the feeling DeCava is going to return. Good! That guy has so much potential. He probably writes himself.

Hmm...my ideas, though. Well, I'd start the story by having Guybrush lead an assault against LeChuck or the Voodoo Lady, maybe a little timidly. There's this part of me that thinks it should be about him attempting to retrieve the dead back to the land of the living, but it's a little too Shadow of the Colossus. Maybe atone for something? He's screwed over loads of people...but then again, that's the point of the trial.

It'd have to be something NOT involved with finding a McGuffin, that's the thing. I should go read a few pirate biographies first, and then get back to this topic.

the image that comes to my mind is LeChuck attempting to get married to someone in a teal green-lit room with floating candles, though that person is not Elaine. Guybrush is attempting to stop it. I don't know why.

See, now you've got me stretching those writer's muscles. Gah. I'm trying to write my own short stories, damn you. I'll see if I knock-up an outline or something, and then stick it on here in the next few days.

• @Mermaid said: I'd like to see an encounter between the Voodoo Lady and Elaine. After TMI, I had the feeling that there's some sort of unsaid tension between those two, with Elaine not trusting in the ways of Voodoo, therefore trying to keep Guybrush away from it, hence jeopardizing the Voodoo Lady's long term plans with Guybrush and LeChuck. Maybe Elaine and the VL even have a common past to some extent. And IF she's behind everything, than Elaine has a good reason to be mad at her because VL is responsible for LeChuck's obsession with Elaine.

I've got it!

Voodoo Lady: I... am your mother.

Elaine: No! That's not true! That's IMPOSSIBLE!

Voodoo Lady: Search your feelings, Elaine, you know it to be true!

Elaine: Nooooooooooooo!

Voodoo Lady: Join me and tog--

Elaine: Wait a minute! How are you my mother if you're black??

Sorry, couldn't resist :p

• @Kroms said: the image that comes to my mind is LeChuck attempting to get married to someone in a teal green-lit room with floating candles, though that person is not Elaine. Guybrush is attempting to stop it. I don't know why.

Maybe it's Morgan? I don't know why on earth she'd consider marrying LeChuck, and neither would Guybrush but he'd try to stop it anyway.

• We'll just play as murray and roll around from evil mini game to evil mini game until the whole carribean gets abducted by alien mariachis.

Add Comment