User Avatar Image

Now that we know the end of TMI, what's in store for MI6 (your ideas)

posted by DeLuca on - last edited - Viewed by 403 users

Okay, the assumptions (I know there are no facts to back this up) of this thread is that TTG will make another MI that takes place after TMI, and that Guybrush will be our main character.

What do you think/want to happen?!

47 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Astro Gnocci said: We'll just play as murray and roll around from evil mini game to evil mini game until the whole carribean gets abducted by alien mariachis.

That would actually be an interesting side quest.

• I always thought of the Voodoo Lady as more of a humorous plot device than an actual villain. It's nice to see Telltale might attempt to go beyond that, but it would be a difficult transition for me.

• Hmmmm....Guybrush's kids, maybe? (i know, its been brought up before.)

• A kid would be pretty cool to have as a sidekick/frequent hook-like puzzle solver, (Can't fit into this small area with an important item? Talk your kid into doing it!) and of course as a plot element, but I just think it's too soon. I mean I don't want it to go from Tales right to the next game and BOOP! Oh, we had a kid throughout that time. Might be too hard for me to take in, and I'm reeeaaaally not interested in them having one during the course of an actual game, I prefer it to happen by the kid just existing in a new game after off-screen time has passed from a previous game.

Right now, all I really want is some Elaine development. I can't really think of how it could be done but any would be nice without making the whole story completely focused on her. I'm a little tired of her getting captured and us having to "save" her also. I liked her in MI2 because she required no saving there and actually had to go to get Guybrush out of his own mess, I wish I could see something like that again but with more screen time and development.

Oh and I want Wally back.

• @PecanBlue said: Right now, all I really want is some Elaine development. I can't really think of how it could be done but any would be nice without making the whole story completely focused on her.

Idea: instead of getting out of their way to keep her away from Guybrush in any way possible, have them adventure as a couple, together, as a team. You control Guybrush but Elaine is here as your partner.
    I'm tired of her conveniently being away from the action. She doesn't have to be. There are games where you play with a partner. And it's very hard for them to be a believable couple when whenever we see them they're actually apart, or have just been reunited, or are about to be apart again.

Let them be together for more than 5 minutes straight. As it is, Elaine is one of the characters Guybrush has spent the least time with in-game.

• TTG announcing... Guybrush and Elaine 2011!
    Hmmm...

I definitely would prefer Elaine over a kid for sidekick, but let's leave the side-kicking for Sam and Max, okay?
    Although a DOTT-esque "3 timelines" would be great to have...

• @Hassat Hunter said: TTG announcing... Guybrush and Elaine 2011!
    Hmmm...

I definitely would prefer Elaine over a kid for sidekick, but let's leave the side-kicking for Sam and Max, okay?
    Although a DOTT-esque "3 timelines" would be great to have...

She doesn't have to tag along behind his every moves. You partner with Morgan in chapter 3 and 5 for instance. Although the idea of splitting up could be nice for Elaine's character development and from a gameplay point of view, it doesn't help the relationship thing very much.

Guybrush has had nice interactions with Morgan and Winslow in this season, and that probably counts for a lot in how popular these two are, they had great lines. Neither of them could be considered a sidekick, though.

In most of the MI games, Elaine is just not there. She's somewhere else, busy or incapacitated. You barely get to interact with her. She could be more present without needing to be constantly following Guybrush. If the part is on a ship, she can be on the ship too, available for talking to and being part of solving some puzzles. If the part is on land, she can be in one location, doing her part in the mission, but still available if Guybrush needs helps with something, which he will.

Or she could be the one with the plan and GB be the one with the legs. She'd "replace" the Voodoo Lady in that case, which, if the Voodoo Lady isn't trusted anymore, could make sense anyways. You'd talk to her a lot to know what you have to do, she wouldn't know exactly how you can do it and she'd take part of the stuff to do upon her own shoulders or something.

I don't know, it just seems to me it's getting a bit much. Like, there is always a reason for them to be apart from each other, can't we see them together more? They're a couple after all. I'm not saying they have to spend all of their time together but it would be nice to see them interact more, is all.

• Yes, when I say "sidekick" I don't really mean a character following you around forever like in Sam & Max, more like he/she stands around in one place and triggers puzzles or puzzle solutions through some dialogue. Like how Morgan did, as avistew said. The sidekick aspect is more in the fact that he/she would be part of Guybrush's adventures often and is weaker and/or smaller than Guybrush and not as important as the actual protagonist. Pyrite Parrot was probably the one real sidekick-like character in Tales.

I personally like that Guybrush and Elaine constantly separate to their own adventures, but I don't like that when we have time with Elaine she's either not herself, or captured in some way. Don't get me wrong, I loved poxed Elaine, but it didn't allow for much character development since we didn't see her cured self as much. The interactions in Spinner Cay would have been ok if it wasn't for "oops too busy with these arguing folks." Just hopefully her screen time won't get to the level of Curse bad.

• We need to see a return from Herman, Wally, possibly your original crew, and some other MI cast members from the past. Maybe even return to Woodtick and see what Largo is up to.

• @PecanBlue said: I personally like that Guybrush and Elaine constantly separate to their own adventures, but I don't like that when we have time with Elaine she's either not herself, or captured in some way.

Yeah. Or it's for ten seconds. Let's see with Tales...

Chapter 1, you see her in the beginning and she's captured. There is interaction I guess but pretty soon GB is cast away. Then we kinda see her at the end but no interaction.

Chapter 2, she's there, but I still don't get why she cared about playing diplomacy so much. GB doesn't really get to spend much time with her. Although yes, she's more present in this chapter.

Chapter 3, no Elaine

Chapter 4, she arrives about midway, poxed. Nice interaction but not representative. She's cured from the pox a few seconds before GB is killed.

Chapter 5, kinda more interaction with Elaine although most of the chapter is still GB being apart from her. GB really only interacts with her during the boat fight, but it's nice that they are interacting and she's part of the puzzles.

So yeah, not much interaction between the two. Not as much as you might expect. Their being independent would be a good thing, I'm not asking for them to be glued to each other, but it would be nice to see that they're actually spending SOME time together, you know?

Add Comment