User Avatar Image

Now that we know the end of TMI, what's in store for MI6 (your ideas)

posted by DeLuca on - last edited - Viewed by 360 users

Okay, the assumptions (I know there are no facts to back this up) of this thread is that TTG will make another MI that takes place after TMI, and that Guybrush will be our main character.

What do you think/want to happen?!

47 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Then again, previous MI games didn't spend a ton of time with her either.

• In my opinion Elaine is meant to be a bit distant. In SMI she is like a "prize". Guybrush thinks that he can only dream about her but wants to fight for her. Hes also quite intimidated by Elaine when struggling to gather himself to even speak with her. Elaine is totally in a different "league" than Guybrush. She is older and more mature, while Guybrush is nothing, just a young bloke, a pirate-wannabe. (It would be very weird if they were attached to each others, I mean why would they?)
    Also in LCR Guybrush wants to prove himself to Elaine. He`s always trying his hardest to make things right with Elaine, whether it means treasure hunting or breaking into her mansion They arent near each other, as Elaine is angry with Guybrush. Elaine is sort of unreachable at all times.
    In CMI Guybrush is again trying to please Elaine no matter what it takes. He gives her a huge ring and even rescues her from LeChuck. See, Elaine is always there to be saved or served in other ways.
    Guybrush is working for Elaine in EMI. They are never on the same level. Elaine doesnt even bother to speak that much with Guybrush. She has more important things to take care of. And there are also references to Guybrush`s inferior intelligence and importance. Elaine is just superior to Guybrush.

And the same goes on in TMI. Elaine is the mastermind and Guybrush is the errand boy. Im sure you guys see a pattern here.
    It just wouldnt work if Guybrush and Elaine were together more. In this marriage the husband and wife just arent equal. (hehe) Dont you realise that "Elaine" theme is part of the story in all the games. There is always a "problem" concerning Elaine in some way in the beginning of the story. Then Guybrush tries to solve it and hopes that everything will be OK in the end with Elaine.

It looks like the scripting of Elaine ni MI games was meant to be so that she is a little bit distant. The plot is one big pursue for Elaine and I like it that way. I think it would be weird if (I may exaggerate some comments of this thread) they suddenly co-operated and canoodled or showed some love in public.
    And, Ive seen a lot of threads, where people consider Morgan hot and are fans of her, or want to see kissing and stuff like that between Guybrush and Elaine. Thats quite creepy actually. Why do you care about that sort of stuff in a video game?? Its just a game and this is no Leisure Suit Larry so lets put most of the romance stuff aside like they have done in the past MI games.

• @avistew said: Yeah. Or it's for ten seconds. Let's see with Tales...

Chapter 1, you see her in the beginning and she's captured. There is interaction I guess but pretty soon GB is cast away. Then we kinda see her at the end but no interaction.

Chapter 2, she's there, but I still don't get why she cared about playing diplomacy so much. GB doesn't really get to spend much time with her. Although yes, she's more present in this chapter.

Chapter 3, no Elaine

Chapter 4, she arrives about midway, poxed. Nice interaction but not representative. She's cured from the pox a few seconds before GB is killed.

Chapter 5, kinda more interaction with Elaine although most of the chapter is still GB being apart from her. GB really only interacts with her during the boat fight, but it's nice that they are interacting and she's part of the puzzles.

So yeah, not much interaction between the two. Not as much as you might expect. Their being independent would be a good thing, I'm not asking for them to be glued to each other, but it would be nice to see that they're actually spending SOME time together, you know?

well they had a 3 month honey moon and a 10 year holiday togeather XD

• @Sailorcuteness said: well they had a 3 month honey moon and a 10 year holiday togeather XD

I was going to say that.

Guybrush and Elaine's romance in the game doesn't have to be explicit, otherwise the tone of the game would change.

• plus MI4 guybrush made loads of refrance to them having a sex life and elane was nice to guybrush and sweet whrn they had some convos in EMI to him I just think they are like a tv couple and the wife weres the pants

• I disagree, I like learning about characters and don't like them being distant ALL the time. They don't have to be full-blown flashbacks or life stories but I'm interested in Elaine being around more to drop hints about how she was pre-governor and stuff like that. Who knows, she might have a funny history. Of course I'd like to know more about Guybrush first, but we even got development with him in past games like Revenge and Curse and heck we even got to know LeChuck thanks to Curse and Tales. What about Elaine? She needs some love too.

• @HumpsMcLovin said: We need to see a return from Herman, Wally, possibly your original crew, and some other MI cast members from the past. Maybe even return to Woodtick and see what Largo is up to.

Unnecessary nostalgia trips are a bad thing. I'd love to see characters return if and only if they contribute to and are a part of the story.

• I'd really like to see more Guybrush/Elaine interaction as well, she doesn't necessarily have to be around all the time, but an episode like Lair of the Leviathan where Elaine is the eyerolling woman that Guybrush has to work with instead of Morgan would be awesome. I really liked all of Guybrush and Elaine's interaction in Tales, so I'd love to see more of it.

I'm not so sure about the kid angle, but given that I felt that way about Guybrush and Elaine getting married in the first place and that (IMO) worked out fine I'd certainly give it a chance.

• @Otis said: -A rather large post-

Teading this it makes me feel like Guybrush is just being abused mentally by his wife. That he just puts up with her because he loves her (opposite not quite true) and takes the abuse because of that.

Hmmm... maybe they should divorce next season. Give Guybrush back some of his dignity...
    (Yeah, not a big fan of sloppy romance stuff)

• @Hassat Hunter said: Teading this it makes me feel like Guybrush is just being abused mentally by his wife. That he just puts up with her because he loves her (opposite not quite true) and takes the abuse because of that.

Hmmm... maybe they should divorce next season. Give Guybrush back some of his dignity...
    (Yeah, not a big fan of sloppy romance stuff)

Tough luck for Guybrush huh? But all the things said in that post were true, right?

Add Comment