User Avatar Image

please don't screw this up

posted by Anonymous on - last edited - Viewed by 1.6K users

Sam and Max: Hit the Road was one of my favourite games of my childhood. I simply loved it to death. It was funny, looked great for its time and felt high-budget.

I really like the fact that you picked up the Sam and Max rights and from what I've seen the game looks pretty ok. I don't really like Max's voice, but I'll get used to it.

What I'm worried about is that the game will be too easy and too short, even with all 6 episodes together. I checked out the Bone demo a while ago and wasn't very impressed. The game according to other people is extremely short and I think the environments looked kinda flat and it just didn't scream quality. (No offense).. Sam and Max looks a lot better from what I've seen from the screenshots, but I'm worried it won't stay true to the original. I know lucasarts has a lot more money, but you should know that standard for Sam and Max is high. If it's done wrong it's like your cat gets killed or something. Since you're a new company, you have to build up some trust. The best way for your company to gain trust is to really focus on the quality of Sam and Max. People want to be like "Wow, Sam and Max is back!" instead of "Meh, I want my old Sam and Max back!".. I tell you.. If they think the first, they'll tell friends and I bet your company will get a really positive result. I think you already know all this and really try to give us the best experience. I'm just a bit worried.

Having said that. I can't wait until the whole first season comes out. I'm not gonna download each episode, cause the short time will ruin my experience. If it's true that each episode takes about 2-3 hours to finish and not like 40 minutes, I think the 12-18 hours for the whole season for about $50 sounds about right.. I wish you all luck and please make sure we can be proud to be Sam and Max fans again!!

80 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]why don't we all give the first episode perfect feedback so that the future episodes don't get any better. They'd be so relieved to hear how great it is, and really that's all any developer wants right? Those voices are flawless! Way to go! Give yourself a pat on the back![/quote]

we saw the improvement from bone 1 to to bone 2..when the time comes i'm sure they'll get plenty of feedback B-)

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Not to change the topic completely, I'd really like it if Tell-Tale had a wider range of offers for their products - e.g. Pay a subscription for the series/season and get a boxed copy sent once the series/season had finished? - a kind of loyalty bonus? :D

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I wish TellTale had a couple of more teams unders their disposal already so they could start hammering out all the planned projects they have and work on all franchises with full speed at the same time.

• Well if they would stop all this eating and sleeping and SLACKING then maybe we, the proud whiny fans could get our dirty mitts on our games faster. They will learn to live on caffeinated mints and drinks and they will learn to enjoy it. Or die. Because I'm lead to believe it's not a terribly healthy diet.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

My mitts aren't dirty.

Take it back. Take it back, I say, or I shall be forced to call Homer. HOMER! See, I'm calling him right now! HOMER! COME HERE! Ooh boy, for your sake, I hope you have a good health-insurance policy.

• Arrrggghgh.

IronCladChicken I accidentally edited your post. Sorry. I meant to reply to what you said about multiple purchase options and in so doing hit the wrong button and edited instead.

I seem to do this with alarming regularity. Maybe it's time for me to swear off forums and go live in the wilderness.

*shoots forum in the foot for good measure*

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

If sam and max sells a lot of copies that will give em the money to hire more people and work on more games.. go tell a friend!

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]If sam and max sells a lot of copies that will give em the money to hire more people and work on more games.. go tell a friend![/quote]

I was planning on robbing the bank and delivering a heavy sack with a $ sign on it to TellTale's office:

Money Bag.jpg

I like my idea better.

• [quote][quote]If sam and max sells a lot of copies that will give em the money to hire more people and work on more games.. go tell a friend![/quote]

I was planning on robbing the bank and delivering a heavy sack with a $ sign on it to TellTale's office:

Money Bag.jpg

I like my idea better.[/quote]

I like this idea too. Only TellTale might get in trouble if the police should happen to stop by (for a cup of tea or something) and they have a big brown sack with a dollar sign on it sitting in the corner. So you should probably spraypaint over the top: "Adorable Kittens. Not Money. Do Not Touch". If anyone asks if they can see the kittens, either say no, because they're invisible ( 8-} ) - or claim they have highly infectious kitten leprosy/cancer. And the bag musn't be opened unless you want to catch kitten leprosy/cancer. And if they become sad because of this, tell them the bag is magic and is curing them but it musn't be opened or it won't work. Damn fellas, I'm the king of lies. Is there a job you can have that involves nothing but saying lies because I'd be good at that. Of course! I could be a politician! OH NO, I di' 'int! I did not just go there! Oh, yes I did!

Ahem, Sorry. Apparently it's time for my pills.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]Arrrggghgh.

IronCladChicken I accidentally edited your post. Sorry. I meant to reply to what you said about multiple purchase options and in so doing hit the wrong button and edited instead.

I seem to do this with alarming regularity. Maybe it's time for me to swear off forums and go live in the wilderness.

*shoots forum in the foot for good measure*[/quote]

Gah! - It took me three weeks to type that message too!

Mainly because my only means of communication is via a magic 8-ball

(A bit like that guy in Star Trek who could only communicate with yes/no answers - I think his name was Captain YesNo?)

Does this mean I can predict the future - all signs point to yes!

Add Comment