User Avatar Image

Heavy Rain!

posted by natlinxz on - last edited - Viewed by 401 users

(I was going to make this thread once I finished my Heavy Rain commentary for youtube, but that would take a while. In the meantime...)

So, who's played/bought this game yet? For those who haven't tried it, it's a murder mystery type game, with really weird controls (but they grow on you). It's for PS3.

60 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Sailorcuteness said: the game kinda looks like shenmue but with a cop

A) I love "Shenmue".

B) I don't think they're that similar in actual gameplay, although I have yet to play "Heavy Rain" so I could be utterly wrong.

• Okay, I finished my first impressions video, and here it is! It's spoiler-free, so it's something you might want to check out if you don't mind my voice at random points through the video.

• Personally, I enjoy what I've seen my dad play. It's quite amazing.

And what might just make small changes in one scene is going to make bigger changes halfway through the story.

• I liked Fahrenheit (well, most of it...) so I definitely give it a try...
    ...as soon as they make a PC version that is. PS3... HA!

• @Hassat Hunter said: I liked Fahrenheit (well, most of it...) so I definitely give it a try...
    ...as soon as they make a PC version that is. PS3... HA!

Well you might have to wait a while... because I don't think PS3 emulators are coming out any time soon. :p

• I can see where people see similarities to Fahrenheit.
    I just hope Heavy Rain will not become a "Push A to not die" game like Fahrenheit in the end.

So far I liked what I saw. Might give it a try. (once I get a PS3 that is :D )

• Is this at all like Indigo Prophecy? I'm asking because I really didn't like IP all that much. :p I don't have a PS3 anyway so it doesn't matter much to me but I'm just curious. I get a serious uncanny valley vibe from the character models, especially when they move their mouths. D:

• Im not liking the controls so far

Add Comment