User Avatar Image

Foreign Monkey Island logos

posted by thin029 on - last edited - Viewed by 283 users

So, what is Monkey Island called in your language? How different is its logo? Post your pics too!
This is my Brazilian Portuguese EFMI CD:
001.jpg

46 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @DjNDB said: Extended childhood amnesia?


    Pretty much. Can't remember much from before 10, wish I couldn't remember anything after that, but sadly... that ain't the case.

  • @Todesreiter said: how about this one...

    11547_the_secret_of_monkey_island_ds.png



    I want it!

  • Just get a flashcart, a good sized memory card, and ScummVM DS. It works pretty well on my DS :)

    Still, if LucasArts really made a DS version, I'd still buy it. The cover should be a bit more like the original though, in my opinion.

  • @Didero said: Just get a flashcart, a good sized memory card, and ScummVM DS. It works pretty well on my DS :)



    I would, but I'd need to buy one of these expensive things you use instead of a DS game. And as previously stated, they cost a lot. There isn't enough use I could get from one to justify the price unless I was to play games I don't actually own.

  • @avistew said: I would, but I'd need to buy one of these expensive things you use instead of a DS game. And as previously stated, they cost a lot. There isn't enough use I could get from one to justify the price unless I was to play games I don't actually own.


    That's what I meant with 'flashcart' :)
    And they're about as expensive as an official DS game.
    It also allows you to use a lot of 'homebrew' programs on your DS. For instance, I use it sometimes as a music player (including for MI music :p). Of course, a real MP3 player works better, but I don't have a need for one frequently enough to buy one.

    An official DS version of Monkey Island would work better though, I think. As long as I can carry MI around with me :p

  • @Didero said: And they're about as expensive as an official DS game.



    Really? So, like 30 dollars or something? When I did look at them, the only ones I found were more like 100 euros. Yikes!
    Considering I tend to buy my games second hand (and around 5 bucks if I can although often it end up being more like 10), that would have taken a lot of free domain games to be worth it lol.

    But if it's 30 dollars, about 5 games on it and it starts being a good investment. Of course I'd need to have a micro memory card as well but it's not like I couldn't use that for anything else.

    I'll look into it. Any website you can direct me that has non-copyrighted games or applications so I can see if there is anything I'd be interested in?
    (And do you know of a place that sells empty DS boxes so I'd have a place to store my card? Actually for that last one, I'd love it if you knew of a place you can puchase a DS case that's a normal size but has like 4 or 6 spots for putting a DS game in it. I love the shape and size of the DS boxes but for just one game it's too big. But I don't want to keep my game in just the small plastic thingies either, I'd love something in between).

  • @avistew said: Really? So, like 30 dollars or something? When I did look at them, the only ones I found were more like 100 euros. Yikes!
    Considering I tend to buy my games second hand (and around 5 bucks if I can although often it end up being more like 10), that would have taken a lot of free domain games to be worth it lol.

    But if it's 30 dollars, about 5 games on it and it starts being a good investment. Of course I'd need to have a micro memory card as well but it's not like I couldn't use that for anything else.


    I've got an M3 Real, and looking at the list of Canadian/US sellers, they appear to be slightly under $40.
    Also, I bought a 16 GB microSD card a year ago to go along with it, which was about €20 then. 16 GB is far more than you'd realistically need. I can store about 100 DS games on it. A 2 or 4 GB microSD card should be large enough for normal use, which should be cheaper.
    You might want to look for a deal that includes the memory expansion pack. It's extra RAM for the DS, that goes in the GBA slot. It's useless for the DSi since it doesn't have that slot anymore, but if you've got an older model DS, you can play Full Throttle and other memory-intensive classic adventure games with ScummVM DS. It's not needed to play MI 1 and 2, but it can be useful.
    @avistew said: I'll look into it. Any website you can direct me that has non-copyrighted games or applications so I can see if there is anything I'd be interested in?

    I don't know of a clear list, but this forum is about homebrew applications, so you're bound to find some info there.
    @avistew said:
    (And do you know of a place that sells empty DS boxes so I'd have a place to store my card? Actually for that last one, I'd love it if you knew of a place you can puchase a DS case that's a normal size but has like 4 or 6 spots for putting a DS game in it. I love the shape and size of the DS boxes but for just one game it's too big. But I don't want to keep my game in just the small plastic thingies either, I'd love something in between).
    You might want to look into DS cases. They're boxes or bags where you can store your DS, along with a few games.
    Another benefit of a flashcart is that you can put ROMs of games you already own on it (or make them yourself, if you know how), so you only have to take along the flashcart, and not a case full of game cartridges. (I don't know how legal this is though. But you already bought the game anyway, so it's not really pirating)


    *Looks up*
    Holy off-topic conversation, Batman!
    :p

  • Thanks!

    @Didero said: You might want to look into DS cases. They're boxes or bags where you can store your DS, along with a few games.

    I have one, but I don't like it. It's all small and has room for the DS and to cram some games (just the games, mind you, no room for the manuals). Then there are the briefcase-like ones that I like better but they tend to look like they're made to hold one game per square meter (and still no room for the manuals. Do people throw their manuals away or something?).

    I've long thought about designing my own, but it's kind of pointless since I'd never be able to actually make it.
    Oh well, maybe when I'm rich and famous I can hire someone to do it for me.

    (And I have a DS Lite. I don't think I'll buy a DSi, it looks too much like "we took the DS, added useless stuff and took out important stuff" to me.)

  • @avistew said: I have one, but I don't like it. It's all small and has room for the DS and to cram some games (just the games, mind you, no room for the manuals). Then there are the briefcase-like ones that I like better but they tend to look like they're made to hold one game per square meter (and still no room for the manuals. Do people throw their manuals away or something?).


    I think most people don't take their manuals with them all the time. Most games have a tutorial anyway, so you don't always need the manual. But for some games it's useful, yeah.
    I don't think I've ever seen a DS case large enough to store manuals in.
    @avistew said: (And I have a DS Lite. I don't think I'll buy a DSi, it looks too much like "we took the DS, added useless stuff and took out important stuff" to me.)
    The DSi's screen is slightly larger, but the screen of the DS Lite is by no means too small, so it's not really a necessary upgrade. And the removal of the GBA port means, among other things, that the memory pack I mentioned doesn't work with it. So I'm gonna stick to my trusty DS Lite too. :)

Add Comment