User Avatar Image

Most Terrible Movie You've Seen

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 913 users

I was re-watching Strong Bad emails and got inspiration for a topic.

48149579.png
(I love HstarR, and yes my wallpaper is Monkey Island related.)

What is/are the worst movie(s) you've seen recently? I don't mean movies that would otherwise be good if not for a few things wrong with them. I mean movies that have no redeemable value and are completely FAIL.

The last really terrible movie I've seen was when my Dad and I went to the theater to watch a movie and didn't plan ahead to know what was playing at the time. We looked through the theater's guide thingy that describes the movies it was showing and I read about "No Country for Old Men" and how it had won Academy Awards.

Let me tell you. It's so horrible, I even won't bother with spoiler tags. The bad guy who is killing everyone lives. The protagonist dies in a fight with the bad guy that you never get to see, you only see the police in the movie walk up to a hotel room and his body is lying there. The cop that is investigating the situation quits before ever tracking down the bad guy. Also, neither the main plot nor even an introduction to what the protagonist's name is... neither happens until like 30 minutes into the film.

I hated that movie. It's a testament to how misleading getting an award can be.

163 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • WHY??? Why on Earth would any of you like No Country for Old Men? The only redeemable thing about it is the acting was good, especially by Tommy Lee Jones and Woody Harrelson. It's just so dang slow moving, and anticlimactic.

Sure, it's suspenseful, as the bad guy is following the case around that the good guy has but you never get a payout from that. The good guy dies after the story follows him for so long and nothing ever comes of it. The movie never even explains why the good guy is out in the middle of nowhere to find the money from a drug-deal-gone-bad in the first place.

• I liked Sinbad! It wasn't as good as Road to El Dorado, but I thought it was way better than Spirit.

It's hard for me to pick the most terrible movie I've seen, because I've seen/own a LOT of terrible movies. But I think the winner would have to be the godawful Dungeons and Dragons movie. This motivational poster just about sums it up.

• @Chyron8472 said: I was re-watching Strong Bad emails and got inspiration for a topic.

48149579.png
    (I love HstarR, and yes my wallpaper is Monkey Island related.)

What is/are the worst movie(s) you've seen recently? I don't mean movies that would otherwise be good if not for a few things wrong with them. I mean movies that have no redeemable value and are completely FAIL.

The last really terrible movie I've seen was when my Dad and I went to the theater to watch a movie and didn't plan ahead to know what was playing at the time. We looked through the theater's guide thingy that describes the movies it was showing and I read about "No Country for Old Men" and how it had won Academy Awards.

Let me tell you. It's so horrible, I even won't bother with spoiler tags. The bad guy who is killing everyone lives. The protagonist dies in a fight with the bad guy that you never get to see, you only see the police in the movie walk up to a hotel room and his body is lying there. The cop that is investigating the situation quits before ever tracking down the bad guy. Also, neither the main plot nor even an introduction to what the protagonist's name is... neither happens until like 30 minutes into the film.

I hated that movie. It's a testament to how misleading getting an award can be.

How did you not like no country for old men?!?!

• @Jen Kollic said: But I think the winner would have to be the godawful Dungeons and Dragons movie.

At least you have Richard O'Brien and Tom Baker. Also my mates aunt did the costumes for that film...or maybe it was King Arthur, but it sucked anyway

• @JedExodus said: At least you have Richard O'Brien and Tom Baker. Also my mates aunt did the costumes for that film...or maybe it was King Arthur, but it sucked anyway

Richard O'Brien and Tom Baker are the reasons I actually own the movie. ;) That and it's actually entertaining to watch it with fellow D&D geeks for the sole purpose of mocking it. So I suppose that's another redeeming feature!

• If you ever watch No Country for Old Men, pay attention. The story is great. It's much better on the second watching and everything will make sense.

• Wow...let's see...That's kind of a challenge. For sheer stupidity, and not even "ha-ha" stupidity, but more of a "Oh good god why am I here?!" it'll have to be Epic Movie and Meet the Spartans (two movies that I'm kicking myself for actually PAYING to see).

While I don't think it's the most terrible movie, Avatar was somewhat weak for me (please don't kill me!!) but visually, I loved every moment of it. It was breath taking and just awesome to see in IMAX 3D no less... but plot wise....good the first time, very boring the second time. Not something I'd rush out to go see again.

• The Sweetest Thing and Jumper are two of the most offensively bad movies ever made. The fact that they exist makes me angry.

• Well, I heartily concur with you as far as "No Country For Old Men" is concerned - thank god the Coen brothers went on to make "Burn After Reading"... :D

And, this might come as a shock for some here - I also really hated "Pan's Labyrinth".

Honorable mentions: "Beowulf" (the 3D one), "Night Watch", "Public Enemies"

np: 2562 - Basin Dub (Aerial)

• Knowing. I couldn’t stop laughing, even if I tried during at least half of the film. The man sitting next to me wanted to kill me. I understand. But I couldn’t.

Add Comment