User Avatar Image

Heavy Rain!

posted by natlinxz on - last edited - Viewed by 297 users

(I was going to make this thread once I finished my Heavy Rain commentary for youtube, but that would take a while. In the meantime...)

So, who's played/bought this game yet? For those who haven't tried it, it's a murder mystery type game, with really weird controls (but they grow on you). It's for PS3.

60 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The game itself is quite dark and game noir but I don't see any reason why the engine couldn't be utilised for other types of games. A sequel to Fate of Atlantis in this kind of format could be potentially mindblowing.

• There is already a thread about Heavy Rain, a few lines below… ;)
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15160

• Well I just finished Heavy Rain. I'm not the type to throw 13 hours into a game in just a few days but Heavy Rain had me hooked. This was one of the best games I have ever played. I am sick of games which are just about murdering people for enjoyment. This game will make you THINK! The story is fantastic. I was skeptical about the gameplay but it completely worked. Being put in a situation, with 4 words swirling around your head, and having 30 seconds to choose one, and what you choose will determine whether your character lives or dies is one hell of an experience.. Life is all about the choices we make, and heavy rain played this out brilliantly. Nothing is ever black or white, you are making tough emotional decisions. I hope this game sells millions because if it does it could change the video game industry, and what we accept as storytelling..

• @Icedhope said: I love that game, not for the nudity but for the story that captures you.

I like how you covered your ass very quickly there :p

• Well, TTG games have loads of nudity too.

Look at Max! :p

• I love the game, not for the story that I could take or leave, but for the nudity.

• I don't understand. Say, the QTE is opening a door. Can you just somehow... not open the door? And leave?

• @StLouisRibs said: I don't understand. Say, the QTE is opening a door. Can you just somehow... not open the door? And leave?

Well, yes, in certain situations that's possible. For example, in one scene you're visiting the mother of a murdered child (the game is about a serial killer kidnapping and murdering children), and after you leave, you see another guy entering her apartment, and hear her scream inside. You can go back in and help her (by beating the shit out of the guy... or getting beaten the shit out of you), or you can just ignore her screams and leave. Helping her opens up a new branch for the storyline, whereas not helping her directs the storyline a little differently.

• @Laserschwert said: Well, yes, in certain situations that's possible. For example, in one scene you're visiting the mother of a murdered child (the game is about a serial killer kidnapping and murdering children), and after you leave, you see another guy entering her apartment, and hear her scream inside. You can go back in and help her (by beating the shit out of the guy... or getting beaten the shit out of you), or you can just ignore her screams and leave. Helping her opens up a new branch for the storyline, whereas not helping her directs the storyline a little differently.

Okay, firstly, I knew it was about a serial killer already.

Secondly, I mean, like in this video (which is really neat and gives an example of how the 'interactive storytelling' works):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjNsqPxO2Ws&feature=player_embedded at the very beggining oyu have to click left to open the door. Can you just... not open the door?

• @StLouisRibs said: I don't understand. Say, the QTE is opening a door. Can you just somehow... not open the door? And leave?

It's like an "Choose your Adventure Book" on Steroids. And HD.

Add Comment