User Avatar Image

Desoto from hit the road?

posted by doom saber on - last edited - Viewed by 665 users

l was browsing images on yahoo search for the cancelled freelance police game and found this concept art. screen3_large.jpg

So is this why the original desoto is not in the telltale games?

30 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Just a guess, but I think a new version was made so that they can jump into the car. Basically making it easier to animate. Besides, its much cooler when they jump into the car.
    About the pic... its making my mouth water. I hope they go to space in the second season. Look at the floating items... hehe.

• The covered Desoto is not LucasArts property. Steve Purcell chose to make it convertible for the Telltale games. Notice how his art for the T-shirt and the CGW cover also sports the redesign of the car.

Telltale probably had some say-so in the Desoto's new look too, but I don't think it's because they legally had to make it different.

• I know that the Desoto is is not owned by lucasarts; the covered Desoto is in the cartoon and the comic strips (long before Hit The road).

However, I am wondering if part of the reason they used a different Desoto is because of the events of the cancelled Freelance police. In other words, my point is if part of the reason the old Desoto isn't used is because of a possible storyline in the cancelled sam and max 2 game. If so, does this make the cancelled game canon?

As for the parking meter, I know about that as well. But I don't think it would explain why the car isn't there anymore. It is possible Sam is reminiscing since the old one probably hit the meter a few too many times and that is where they used to park the old car.

• I am just saying is part of the reason the desoto is not present in the new games is because of what happened in freelance police? If so, does this make the events in freelance canon?

• @OnCallDoc said: About the pic... its making my mouth water. I hope they go to space in the second season. Look at the floating items... hehe.

What makes you think they won't go into space in THIS season?

Add Comment