User Avatar Image

Tales for PS3

posted by Spooky666 on - last edited - Viewed by 241 users

PC-Users can play TOMI, Wii-Users and Mac-Users, also.

So what about X-Box 360 und PS3 - Users?

Are there any plans to release a TOMI-Version for the PS3?

Unfortenately, thats the only platform i got at home. ^^

Think that would be awesome. I still have the PS2-Version of Escape from Monkey Island. Now i want to play Monkey Island on my PS3 also.

Any more people, sharing this wish?

42 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Ash735 said: they came out much later.

This explains my whole point. PSN is for people who can't have Xbox Live. That is all.

@Ash735 said: Oh, and ignore thin029, please. He is a blatant fanboy and should be treated as such.

I'm sorry, do I know you? Pointing facts on how worse is an online service compared to others is not fanboyism where I live.

• Wii doesn't support local pricing. In Australia, 1000 points are $19.

PSN costs a little bit more, but it only follows the exchange rate, so things are only 10% more expensive, unlike the ridiculous double pricing of the Wii. So PSN beats WiiWare in that department.

And thin (you big fanboy), you can download the GTA games. There was no difficulty in porting them over to PSN, they only delayed it because Microsoft wasted $150,000,000 in securing an exclusivity deal. They didn't even make close to that from sales.

• I don't care about the reasons for the delay, if Sony weren't smart enough to waste the money themselves, this is a PS3-Only gamer problem. The thing is PSN lacks everything from demos to add-ons, or it makes you wait like a year for something other services already had. And it lacks original full games (like Monkey Island) because it's a failure in US and you fanboys can't get over this.

• @Fury said:
    And thin (you big fanboy), you can download the GTA games. There was no difficulty in porting them over to PSN, they only delayed it because Microsoft wasted $150,000,000 in securing an exclusivity deal. They didn't even make close to that from sales.

Actually it was $50 Million, they made back $30 Million alone with DLC sales of The Lost and Damned, and that's not counting the amount of people it swayed to get the 360 version of the game as well as the console because people thought it was an exclusive. Microsoft paid the money and got the results they were after.

• [QUOTE=thin029;262092] but PSN is NOT a great online service. Period

.... because it's a failure in US......

QUOTE]

I'm sorry but that statement is pure fanboyism.
    How can you even compare a paid for service to a free one?
    To play multiplayer online is free on the PSN.
    So how is that not great? :confused:
    The world is a little bit bigger than only your country's borders.

Telltale got it wrong betting on the Wii.
    A large portion of PC owners moved to either a Xbox360 or PS3 for their gaming needs. That's where the mature gamer spends his time, not on a Wii. PC gaming became too expensive. You can buy a console for the price of a good graphics card and know that your system will always be compatible.

I'm lucky enough to have both a PC and PS3.
    I really wanted to get Sam & Max and other games for my PS3, since it will always be playable, unlike on a PC when Windows change, nothing works anymore.
    I got myself the whole Sam & Max: Season 1 for $3 on the PC.
    Telltale Games lost out on making money. Let's hope they will give Monkey Island a chance on the PS3...

• @thin029 said: I don't care about the reasogns for the delay, if Sony weren't smart enough to waste the money themselves, this is a PS3-Only gamer problem. The thing is PSN lacks everything from demos to add-ons, or it makes you wait like a year for something other services already had. And it lacks original full games (like Monkey Island) because it's a failure in US and you fanboys can't get over this.

Wait, what?

While I in general use Live more than PSN, this feels like half-baked fanboyism here. For one thing, PSN has no original games? There are apparently enough to have a Top 10 list, at the very least. And while Microsoft sometimes pays for timed exclusives, outside of that the demos and add-on packs are in line with their 360 counterparts.

• I have a 360 and a PS3 (and a Wii but it’s not important for that part). I refuse to pay any plan for web services, I already pay the game, the console, and my ISP. I don’t use XBL, this service is not that good when you’re not paying. I can’t play online. I can’t have the things when they come out. I can on the PSN, free. FREE.

You’re a big fanboy, thin029, you’re comparing a free service to a paying one. You’re taking brand exclusivities for argument about service quality, which is dumb. PSN premium is going to be launched this year, and will probably have quite the same service as XBL have. But for me, it does not change anything. I’ll still be able to play online freely on the PSN, and also able to play some games you’ll never have the chance to play on the XBLA, while I still won’t be able to play online on the XBL.
    Does it mean one is better than the other ? Nope. It’s different services.
    I want to play Tracks HD and Splosion Man ? I think online gaming is very important, with vocal chat and everything when I kill people in my beloved war games ? I better go for XBLA and pay for the XBL services.
    I want to play Flower, Heavy Rain Chronicles and Blast Factor ? I play online only once in a trimester because I love (and can) play with friends next to me (or don’t like online gaming) ? Then the PSN is what I need.

Seriously, if I’m searching for a content, no matter it’s 360 or PS3, it’s just sorted by categories on their online markets. There is no good or bad point here, nothing to debate. I’m looking for something special, I just enter the name in the searchfield. Same, it just works as expected. Here and there.

What I hate in XBL, is that people who pay don’t pay only for more things, but also for privileges. And I hate that system. I hate seeing on a website that a demo is out, connecting, and seeing nothing, just because I’m not a VIP. I own a 360, and back then it was not cheap at all. But I have the cheapest service possible. No online gaming. No day-1 content.
    But I still go on the XBLA and the PSN when some content interest me. This debate is pointless ^^

About the real topic of this thread, I think it’ll come someday. Telltale is interested in every platform who have potential. Wiiware have, PSN have, XBLA have, Mac have, PC, of course, have.
    I suppose we will have some clues before the end of the year, if Telltale is expanding enough, thanks to the success of ToMI and the next S&M season.

• If you're watching the prices, you can get Live cards for a fairly negligible cost. I bought a 12-month card for $30 recently, which is a clean $2.50 per month. I don't think that's too bad. Granted, it's $2.50 more each month than the PS3 players are paying, but it's not an exorbitant cost or anything.

• Also, for one, I do agree that Wii Shop Channel is crap. It's slow as hell, and finding the game you want is such a drag when going trough a huge list of games which only shows ten items at a time.

And XBLA is losing its exclusivity by the day. Castle Crashers for one is already coming to PSN now, and I wouldn't be surprised if more would come that way.

Finally, aside from the fact that I thought this thread was dead, it really goes about nothing right now, at least it's not about the topic. Yes, ToMI should be coming to PSN, no, it won't happen until Telltale Games announces it.

• @GaryCXJk said: Also, for one, I do agree that Wii Shop Channel is crap. It's slow as hell, and finding the game you want is such a drag when going trough a huge list of games which only shows ten items at a time.

There are options to search by title, publisher, age group, whether people voted it Hardcore/Casual, ESRB rating, and I think a few other criteria. I had no trouble finding, for example, the pages for the Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Wiiware games by typing "Ace" into the search bar under Search By Title.

Add Comment