User Avatar Image

The Next Chapter of TMI???

posted by Mardagan on - last edited - Viewed by 567 users

Can we get any hints about the possible goings on for the next installment of TMI???

The Rise of the Pirate God couldn't have been the end all say all.

Mardagan

78 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • All this talk about "cheese cakes" has me confused. I know about chocolates stuffed with camembert, but a cheese cake?
    Well, I like garlic ice-cream, so why not I guess. Maybe I'll make a miso-tahini cake to have an idea what it would taste like.

@Rather Dashing said: Like this?

Neat :D

• @avistew said: All this talk about "cheese cakes" has me confused. I know about chocolates stuffed with camembert, but a cheese cake?

"cheesecake," not "cheese cake."

"Cheesecake is a dessert consisting of a topping made of soft, fresh cheese on a base made from biscuit, pastry or sponge. The topping is frequently sweetened with sugar and flavored or topped with fruit, nuts, fruit flavored drizzle and/or chocolate. [...] Almost all modern cheesecakes in the United States use cream cheese; in Italy, cheesecakes use ricotta; Germany and Poland use quark cheese." -Wikipedia
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheesecake

newyorkcheesecake.jpg

omg, yum... :D

-----

EDIT: @Rather Dashing
    Speaking of restaurants that once were awesome yet now suck or don't exist....

Several years ago, a restaurant opened nearby to where I live, called "Nothing But Noodles." Suffice it to say they serve pasta, though they also serve soup. Still, the name of the place was catchy. Anyways, my wife and I used to go there all the time because THEY HAD THE BEST FRICKEN MACARONI AND CHEESE, EVAR. omg, It had small rotini noodles, 3 types of cheese in the sauce, and they put shredded cheese sprinkled on top. I mean, wow, it tasted awesome, no description could do it justice.

3 years ago, they changed their recipe. Forevermore afterward, the rotini noodles are too big, and the sauce is not only runny now, but also if you look closely you can see tiny granules of what I swear means they use powered cheese now. I swear, I can make better Mac and Cheese at home with a box of Kraft (which isn't even the best kind.) AND THEY CHARGE LIKE $6.00 A BOWL, WHICH IS MORE THAN IT WAS WHEN IT WAS GOOD.

We've been there only one other time since it changed, and that was only to see if they'd made it any better since, but nope. On top of that, at some point they changed their name to "More Than Noodles," which is neither catchy nor indicative of what more they sell. I hate that place now, I wish it would go out of business so that a better restaurant could open there.

• @Chyron8472 said: "Almost all modern cheesecakes in the United States use cream cheese; in Italy, cheesecakes use ricotta; Germany and Poland use quark cheese."

Oh, then miso and tahini won't do. All these cheeses you named are much too mild, I'd need to use something like tofu or rice. Or almonds. That would work nicely with almonds.

(Also, I realised cheese cakes (of strong cheeses) already exist, they're just called quiche or soufflé)

• @Rather Dashing said: I didn't. I mean, we ended on the ending of Escape. At the very least, from a story perspective, you couldn't get much worse.
    Essentially, I wasn't afraid of losing anything because THERE WAS NOTHING TO LOSE.

Dammit I liked MI4 and am proud to say it! :mad:

• I really hope that Telltale continue with Tales, at this point I'd really love to see what they do with the franchise. Naturally, people will have different opinions on this, but mine is that they managed to keep all the existing characters in-character and they managed to introduce new characters that both fitted into the setting and were engaging in themselves. And they wrote a damn good story and made a damn good game to boot. Saying "oh I hope it ends here so they don't ruin it" is all well and good, but it doesn't really do much for the franchise except leave it to stagnate. Given that it's in Telltale's hands now, and they've already proven that their second seasons can be better than the first, (Sam & Max anyone?) having it end at this point would, in my opinion, be a big letdown.

tl;dr - MOAR TALES PLZ

• I have to say, I didn't expect to spark a big cheesecake discussion. And Rather Dashing, I'm impressed with your take on it. That's the best analogy I've seen in a while. Still, I stand by what I said at the end there. If Telltale can't make a game worthy of being the successor to Tales, I don't think they'll do another one.

• Is it just me or do all these discussions about there being a remake and/or sequel to MI end up leading to comparisons with food? I don't really get the relation between a videogame and food, it just doesn't make any sense to me.

• There's no relation, we're just a hungry bunch of fans around here.

• @thatdude98 said: Dammit I liked MI4 and am proud to say it! :mad:

Does it help or hurt that I'm not particularly fond of Curse either, and I'd say that the third and fourth games in the series have something of a parity in relative quality?

• @OzzieMonkey said: I don't really get the relation between a videogame and food, it just doesn't make any sense to me.

I like videogames.
    I like food.

Here, there's your relation.

Add Comment