User Avatar Image

Flaw in story telling?

posted by ReiKo on - last edited - Viewed by 176 users

Spoiler alert.












Well, it's not much big of a deal but in last TOMI where Guybrush is ghost - he can't pick up anything like cutlass (sword) and etc. but how did he (before coming to Le Chuck's ship) pick up items like anchor and etc.

Flaw in the story?

Thanks.

33 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • there stuff in crossroads world and can pick them up stuff in our world he cant

  • User Avatar Image
    MarkDarin Telltale Staff

    He can easily pick up anything in the land of the dead, like the anchor. It's just things in the physical realm that he has problems with. Until he can get his body back.

  • @MarkDarin said: He can easily pick up anything in the land of the dead, like the anchor. It's just things in the physical realm that he has problems with. Until he can get his body back.



    What was never explained, though, was why LeChuck in ghost form, who escaped the crossroads the same way Guybrush did, can interact with the physical world in SMI.

  • @Bagge said: What was never explained, though, was why LeChuck in ghost form, who escaped the crossroads the same way Guybrush did, can interact with the physical world in SMI.




    Exactly. Plus, Gybrush can't lift dead seagull feather that is indeed in "spirit world".

  • @ReiKo said: Exactly. Plus, Gybrush can't lift dead seagull feather that is indeed in "spirit world".



    No, the feather is in the real world. The portals take Guybrush outside the crossroads.

  • @Bagge said: What was never explained, though, was why LeChuck in ghost form, who escaped the crossroads the same way Guybrush did, can interact with the physical world in SMI.



    Because LeChuck used Big Whoop, thereby giving him voodoo power. Guybrush was just killed.




    ...or maybe he learned from Patrick Swayze on the movie "Ghost" :D

  • @Chyron8472 said: Because LeChuck used Big Whoop. Guybrush was just killed.



    Sure, it's easy to speculate on reasons for the ghosts of LeChuck and Guybrush's differing relation to the physical world, but Big Whoop being the rason for this was never mentioned in the game, was it?

  • @Bagge said: Sure, it's easy to speculate on reasons for the ghosts of LeChuck and Guybrush's differing relation to the physical world, but Big Whoop being the rason for this was never mentioned in the game, was it?



    But it was insinuated LeChuck came back thanks to the Voodoo Lady. She is an advanced Voodoo practitioner, and can probably make a really powerful ghost, while Guybrush was brought back by himself, and he doesn't even have a license. It's for that reason too that I think Morgan will be able to touch stuff in MI 6.

  • @ReiKo said: Spoiler alert.



    By the way, you can put [ spoiler] before a spoiler and [/ spoiler] once it's over (without the spaces).

Add Comment