User Avatar Image

Tales for PS3

posted by Spooky666 on - last edited - Viewed by 366 users

PC-Users can play TOMI, Wii-Users and Mac-Users, also.

So what about X-Box 360 und PS3 - Users?

Are there any plans to release a TOMI-Version for the PS3?

Unfortenately, thats the only platform i got at home. ^^

Think that would be awesome. I still have the PS2-Version of Escape from Monkey Island. Now i want to play Monkey Island on my PS3 also.

Any more people, sharing this wish?

42 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @thin029 said: I don't care about the reasons for the delay, if Sony weren't smart enough to waste the money themselves, this is a PS3-Only gamer problem. The thing is PSN lacks everything from demos to add-ons, or it makes you wait like a year for something other services already had. And it lacks original full games (like Monkey Island) because it's a failure in US and you fanboys can't get over this.

Take your 'fanboy' comments and huge generalizations elsewhere. This is not 4chan, digg, mmo forums or a place to impose console zealotry. You speak like you know it all and that everything you say is gospel. Get a grip. This place is a friendly community, no place for your internet rage. Go get some fresh air boy.

• I find PSN extremely easy to use. I just wish there were more good games on the service. I mainly use it to download demos.

• @Rather Dashing said: There are options to search by title, publisher, age group, whether people voted it Hardcore/Casual, ESRB rating, and I think a few other criteria. I had no trouble finding, for example, the pages for the Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Wiiware games by typing "Ace" into the search bar under Search By Title.

Yes, but that's only when searching directly for a game. When browsing trough categories, searching for a game in, for example, Arcade spawns up a list of games I don't even give a crap about. With scrolling trough each page and going trough the pages themselves being slow as hell, it's no wonder I easily get disappointed when I can't find anything.

If everything just got displayed in small icons or in one list with no images, it might just increase browse-ability.

• You know, I get really sick of the stupid rants people have against other people who like a product or service enough to give it high praise.

PS3 fanboys... XBOX fanboys... Zelda fanboys... Halo fanboys...

Bullshit, I say. If people like something, stop trying to be so damned argumentative and put them down just because they have brand/product loyalty. I love Monkey Island and think it's the best Adventure Game series ever made. Does that make be a fanboy? If it does, then SO FRICKEN WHAT? I bet the load of people who ridicule others for being "fanboys" are just being argumentative, and passing it off as "objectivity."

@Rolleander said: You could install another OS on ps3, like linux [...]

haha! I read this and immediately this video comes to mind:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQECwm3erEs

ooh, and here's one for you linux gamers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rjpn3L3bSJQ

• Never thought of fanboy/girl as an insult. The way I see it, it's just that fan is gender neutral and can be confusing so there are the 'not-gender-neutral" ones. I'm a fangirl because I'm a female fan, that's all, just like my girlfriends are my friends who are female. It's not derogatory (at least I don't take it as such).

• @avistew said: Never thought of fanboy/girl as an insult. The way I see it, it's just that fan is gender neutral and can be confusing so there are the 'not-gender-neutral" ones. I'm a fangirl because I'm a female fan, that's all, just like my girlfriends are my friends who are female. It's not derogatory (at least I don't take it as such).

It can be used either way, though. "Fanboy" is used as an insult when it's assumed or postulated that the subject of the insult has had their judgement clouded by blind brand loyalty. Speaking of which...

@avistew said: If people like something, stop trying to be so damned argumentative and put them down just because they have brand/product loyalty.

As much as you might think so, brand loyalty as a principle is not usually a good idea. A brand is just a familiar producer of products. If you come to the point where your trust in the brand outweighs the value of the actual product being sold, you're playing into the hands of those whose very career rests on mass manipulation, that is, marketing teams.

There's a reason "objectivity", as you so unflatteringly put in air quotes, is valued by some over picking a side and screaming across the room.

• I do have to say that I never understood the "if you don't like absolutely everything about X then you're not a real fan". Especially for a series of something, if you like one less and people go "you have to like it just as much or you're not a real fan".
    I don't get it. First you can like something without liking everything about it, and you're still a fan. Then you can like a series without liking every part of the series. And it seems to me being objective and critical makes it matter more when you do like something.
    That is, if someone tells me what I write is great even when I know it needs improvement, I'm not going to trust their judgment much. Because if they always say "it's great!", no mater what, how can I trust them? How can I know if it's actually great or if it sucks but they won't say so?
    I prefer people who can tell me what's good and what's bad and needs improvement. Sure I'll pout but then I'll make it better and I'll be happy.

Anyways, just a side-thing. I think brand loyalty to some extent is similar to that. While it's good to give a brand a chance when you trust them, even if they failed you this time, staying true to a brand that you're unhappy with out of brand loyalty seems... foolish. And liking something just because it's the brand's seems very weird to me. Especially if the exact same thing made by another brand would get your hatred.
    Kinda like sport hooligans. You have a team you like and one you hate, just based on the shirt's colours, even though the players change and could very well go from the loved team to the hated one or vice-versa. It seems so arbitrary.

• ie. I love TellTale. They're fricken awesome.
    Yay, TellTale! I'ma buy all your stuff!(eventually)

...except not Poker cuz it's admittedly a test to see how well the TellTale Tool works, nor Bone cuz the story isn't finished, nor CSI cuz watching the show is better than playing it.

EDIT: I suppose people being called "fanboys" annoys me because, though I love the Nostalgia Critic's and Linkara's video reviews, I was browsing thatguywiththeglasses.com and came across Spoony's multi-part review of Final Fantasy VIII. I mean, he spent hours and hours playing through the game and was whining and bitching about everything in it. No, I didn't watch the whole review. I love FF8. It's one of my favorite RPGs ever.

In the comments for his videos, I wrote that I disagreed wholeheartedly with his bashing of the game and gave reasons why I thought his arguements were stretched thin, and how it appeared that he was manufacturing reasons that didn't make sense. (Some might say it was all an act, but then why would he make a fake review that was collectively 11 hours long?)

For my trouble, I was called a fanboy by numerous people.

• @Chyron8472 said: ie. I love TellTale. They're fricken awesome.
    Yay, TellTale! I'ma buy all your stuff!(eventually)

Don't you mean e.g.?

...except not Poker cuz it's admittedly a test to see how well the TellTale Tool works, nor Bone cuz the story isn't finished, nor CSI cuz watching the show is better than playing it.

Aha! I own those!

Poker because it was given free at the end of a survey, and the Bone games because I was curious and could get them for half price after pre-ordering Wallace and Gromit.

Oh, wait, don't have the CSI games. Meh, not interested.

• @Rather Dashing said: Don't you mean e.g.?

picky.

yes I do.

Add Comment